Public Health Internship with UVP

A view from above
A view from above
Interns leading an educational session
Interns leading an educational session

Join us for a summer in Uganda!

We are currently accepting applications for our Summer 2019 internship program. Interns spend 8-9 weeks living and working in a village in rural Iganga District, Uganda, gaining experience in public health, community education, and international development. Interns work in diverse teams composed of Ugandan and non-Ugandan team members. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities in several focus areas, including water, sanitation, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, malaria, and reproductive health.

• We recruit diverse, highly-qualified intern cohorts.
  • We empower our interns with work that requires a high level of independence, innovation, and adaptability.
  • We emphasize a needs-based, community led approach.
  • We work from theory to praxis.

archanajkmr

A very worthwhile and humbling experience

I didnt know what to expect when leaving New York and arriving in Africa.

Once there, I realized how amazingly the program gave you the initiative that's needed to start working, but all the while, allowing you to have as much responsibility as you'd be willing to take on.

Some days started very early, with Obstetric Fistula screenings, outreach into the villages, surgery days, etc. While others allowed you to explore the landscape that Uganda has to offer; hiking mountains, rafting on the nile, etc.

It was one of those experiences that change you...

Betsy

Service Learning

Traveling with TVE to Uganda was a life transforming experience. I learned more than expected concerning: sustainable development, fair trade & NGO processes, and how to be a "responsible traveler". The people of Uganda are beautiful and taught be the importance of doing all you can with what you have. I loved that we had the chance to do service work along with learning about a foreign cul foriegn culture!