Volunteer in Ghana with Volunteering Solutions

By Volunteering Solutions Reviewer Verified   Reviews (3)   97% Rating

Join one of Volunteering Solutions many volunteer programs in Ghana! Since 2007, Volunteering Solutions has been partnering local grassroots organizations in Ghana with volunteers all over the world, helping make a real impact. Volunteer activities include an array of work in various fields, including: a summer program, girls' education, community development and construction, football coaching, health care and medicine, teaching English, and orphanage work. Whatever program fits your needs and interests, you are sure to have a great time while learning and giving back. Visit the Volunteering Solutions website for more information!

*Looking for a great summer program? Check out the Volunteering Solutions Ghana Summer Volunteer Adventure!

View Program Information
Housing:
Home-stay
Application:
Age Requirement

Leave a question about this program for our reviewers to answer.
Account Info
Great question! I'm sure you'll want to know when you get an answer, so tell us your email and we'll let you know. If you've previously created an account you can login in here.

Positive
Leave a Review
  • HawaiiJill
    Age: 51 or older
    Kailua, Hawaii
    University of Edinburgh
    Seniors can have a worthwhile, affordable and interesting Vacation...AND make an impact.
    12/19/2012

Please read my interview under Alumni Interviews.

I most certainly have NO hesitation picking up my backpack in Hawaii and head to Cambodia for another experience with Volunteering Solutions. Yes I am 60+ but I am always treated by staff and other volunteers as a valuable volunteer. I have made many friends through my experiences.

Love the organization, communication and the staff are THE best!

Any 60+ thinking of a cruise...think again. VS can give you an experience WAY better than sailing on the seas!

Jill Watt Torrance

How could this program be improved?

In Ghana. Maltiti School needs a more definitive curriculum that incoming volunteers could follow. Many young volunteers are very capable but they "do their own thing" ...which ultimately does not have as much impact as it could. There should be a curriculum structure to which they could adhere.

Useful 1 Inspiring 0
  • solange
    Age: 18 or younger
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Time in Ghana
    11/05/2012

I really loved my time in Ghana because I was given the opportunity to teach a classroom all by myself. While it was exceptionally challenging, I also truly enjoyed it and it was quite rewarding. I would recommend to any volunteers who will be teaching to bring some exercise books, and perhaps some paper and pens, as the supplies are not quite adequate.
    Aside from the volunteering, the chance to explore a whole new culture and meet a ton of different people was also invaluable. After school, I would often go into town and observe the marketplace and the people.
    My host family was also incredible, I really felt at home and welcome and I miss them every day.

How could this program be improved?

I would change the fact that it was so difficult sometimes to communicate with the children, as they speak little to no English.
    One other thing, I thought was that the cost of going on short trips on the weekends was a little too high. Since there is no real volunteering opportunity on Saturdays and Sundays, I wish the trips were a little more accessible and affordable.

Useful 1 Inspiring 0
  • volunteertravel12
    Age: 18 or younger
    New Hampshire
    Volunteer heaven
    08/08/2012

A great program that comes with the whole package. Its safe, fun, and affordable. What more could you ask for?

They take care of you and REALLY do care for your wellbeing. You feel like your part of the culture and its quite the experience. You are the organizations priority, while volunteers work to better the community. The support you feel only encourages you to work harder! Its something everyone should experience.

Useful 0 Inspiring 0

About the provider

Volunteering Solutions started its operations in 2007 and has sent over 11500 volunteers abroad, and now has projects in more than 30 destinations across Asia, Latin America and Africa. Volunteering Solutions is dedicated to providing authentic, reasonably priced and meaningful volunteer programs around the world.

Volunteering Solutions aims to promote volunteer work in countries that need it the most by connecting the right people with the best projects abroad. With such a wide variety of projects around the world, there is sure to be something for everyone. At the end of the program, volunteers and interns are awarded with an internship or volunteer certificate.

Staff Interviews

Already have an account? .
Password must be eight at least characters.
Don't have an account? Sign Up.