Location
  • Peru
    • Cusco
Length
1 to 24 weeks

Program Details

Language
Spanish
Age Min.
17
Timeframe
Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Housing
Host Family

Pricing

Starting Price
375
Price Details
The costs include:
- 24 hrs Assistance and support from VS Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup
- Orientation
- Accommodation
- Meals
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Meals Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Airfare Visa
Jan 19, 2022
May 14, 2022
63 travelers are looking at this program

About Program

Volunteering Solutions, in association with the local organizations and NGOs, offers some interesting and affordable volunteering projects in the city of Cusco. Despite the popularity of Peru as a tourist destination, much of the population still lives in poverty, especially in rural areas. You can be a volunteer and meaningfully contribute towards the lives of these people. You can choose to volunteer for Teaching Project, Kindergarten Program, Disabled Care Project and others, depending on your areas of interest!

Students who wish to become dentists in future can also choose the Dental Elective Program and gain first-hand work experience by shadowing the professionals. Also, being such a culturally rich country, volunteering in Peru will help you to broaden your horizon and learn more about the country's history, heritage and lifestyle!

Consider your impact: Volunteering abroad can be a rewarding experience for both volunteers and local communities, and at Go Overseas, we believe all volunteers should have the resources to make informed decisions about the type of volunteer project they want to partake in. However, despite best intentions, some organizations offering placements in orphanages may unknowingly place children in danger. You can read about the potential dangers of orphanage volunteering here. Learn more about how Volunteering Solutions is promoting ethical volunteering.

Video and Photos

Program Highlights

  • Choose from a range of 8 different programs available in Cusco, for a minimum duration of 1 week to a maximum of 24 weeks.
  • Get a chance to do some meaningful work and gain incredible experience.
  • Go and explore the Inca Trails - hike up to Machu Picchu, and walk down the trails of Sacred Valley.
  • Go for the Rainbow Mountains trek and be amazed by nature's beauty.
  • Learn more about Peruvian culture & heritage.

Related Programs

Program Reviews

9.35 Rating
based on 86 reviews
  • 9-10 rating 86.05%
  • 7-8 rating 12.79%
  • 5-6 rating 1.16%
  • 3-4 rating 0%
  • 1-2 rating 0%
  • Impact 8.5
  • Support 9.4
  • Fun 9.4
  • Value 8.9
  • Safety 9.3
Showing 1 - 8 of 86 reviews
Default avatar
Fabienne
8/10
Yes, I recommend this program

2 weeks Cusco - que hermosa

I really enjoyed staying two weeks with a local family. I had everything that I needed, the food was delicious and they r ally cared about me and helped me, if necessary.
For sure the two weeks were running and I only got a little inside, however it was great. The kids in the kindergarten were very curious and handsome. The activities at the weekends were amazing and well organised. If I had questions, I could contact the organisators at any time. If you want to have a short inside, what volunteering means, this programm is perfect.

Pros
  • Feeling culture
  • Train my spanish
  • Live with a local family
Cons
  • did not always like the pedagogy of the teacher
Default avatar
Brenda
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Cusco fue maravilloso

GRACIAS por tan memorable experiencia. Las escuela, los niños, la casa en la que me hospedé, la comida, la coordinadora Kelly, todo fue excelente. Toda la experiencia fluyó en perfecto orden. Una semana memorable y gratificante.

Tener la oportunidad de compartir genuinamente con Perú, desde su verdad, con su gente y en sus comunidades, te permite entender mejor. Sentir la energía y apreciar los lujos de una ciudad que quedó perpetuada en el tiempo.

El crecimiento emocional, espiritual y personal que otorga la experiencia, no tiene precio.

Altamente recomendado, el programa es una forma accesible de viajar, llenando el alma.

Gracias otra vez,
Brenda Ortiz

Pros
  • Te sientes guiado y cuidado
  • Es costoefectivo
  • Experiencias genuina y auténtica en el pais
Cons
  • Requiere valentía
7 people found this review helpful.
Default avatar
Natasha
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Voluntariado en Cusco, Perú

Mi voluntariado en Peru fue precioso. Estuve en una guardería por dos semanas y los niños eran muy especiales y dulces. Ayudamos a los niños con sus tareas y estudios. La familia con la Que estuve esas dos semanas fue increíble, todos muy atentos y la comida deliciosa. La estadía no pudo haber sido mejor. Además del voluntariado hicimos varios tours y la experiencia fue inolvidable, permite que el voluntariado sea muy dinámico. En general, una aventura y voluntariado increíble, lo haría todo de nuevo!!

14 people found this review helpful.
Default avatar
Sebastián
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Una bella experiencia

La experiencia de un voluntariado en Cuzco fue hermosa en todos los aspectos, el lugar, las personas, los niños del jardín, la experiencia, la comida, los bellos destinos turísticos, todo en esta experiencia fue hermoso, no hay duda de que la repetiría.
La casa donde nos recibió doña Edith y sus hijas, nos brindaron un trato excelente y realmente nos hicieron sentir como en casa. Siempre fueron atentas a todas nuestras necesidades. Muy feliz y agradecido por haber vivido esta experiencia, gracias.

What is your advice to future travelers on this program?
Disfruten al máximo la experiencia, es increíble!!
16 people found this review helpful.
Default avatar
Micaela
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Amazing weeks in Cusco

The best decision we could make! Recently, together with my sister, we participated in a teaching volunteer in Cusco, Peru. The whole experience was incredible. In the little school where we work, the children allowed us to spend some extraordinary weeks with their funny stories, games, and antics. The local staff was awesome, provided all the needed information, and always was available. The volunteer house was super lovely, cozy, and safe. The people were always very friendly and kind. The food offered is possibly one of the best things, everything was always delicious. On weekends we got to know the city and everything is truly impressive and unreal. The history that Cusco brings together is fascinating and the places even more so. To this add to know a wonder of the world! It is definitely an experience that we want to repeat.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
We would definitely choose to stay longer, there're so many places to know in Cusco that with not so much time it's impossible to know.
13 people found this review helpful.
Response from Volunteering Solutions

Hi Micaela,
Thanks for leaving us a wonderful review.It was great to have you and your sister in the program in Cusco. We are delighted to know that you have a great time in Cusco. We look forward to hosting you in more such adventures. All the best !!
Thanks
Team Volunteering Solutions

Default avatar
Aureliane
9/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Extraordinary experience in Cusco

This is experience was like nothing I have ever done before. The coordinator on site was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly. My host family was kind, warm, welcoming and accommodating. The staff at the clinic was also kind, pedagogical, trusting and inquisitive (in the best possible way). I could tell everyone wanted me to have a good experience, not only at the project site but also in Cusco in general. There was more than enough free time to explore the area. Cusco is a beautiful city with a lot of history and has a lot to offer. I also had the opportunity to plan 2 day trips and a 2-day trip, which included a visit to the legendary must-see Machu Picchu! The experience was a great way for me to improve my spanish as I spoke it everyday with almost everyone I encountered.

What would you improve about this program?
I think the organisation at the clinic could be improved. On the first day I sat in a room for 2 hours with nothing to do. I spent a few days shadowing doctors, without evaluating patients by myself, which as a physician isn't very stimulating for me. I eventually asked my coordinator if anything could be done to improve this. I was placed in another area where an office was available for me to evaluate patients by myself. I felt a lot more useful and also felt like I learned more this way. However, the patient load is not that heavy at the clinic and I'm not sure how much having volunteers present actually helps them.
21 people found this review helpful.
Response from Volunteering Solutions

Hello Aureliane,
We are so glad you had an amazing experience in Peru!! We hope you can join us on another adventure in the near future.

Default avatar
Alex
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Peru Two Week Special

I had a really good time on this trip. Cusco/Machu Picchu is a trip I didn’t think I would ever be able to experience on my own. With the help of this program, everything was nicely laid out for me and made it extremely easy to get out and see the sights that Peru has to offer! The people associated with the program were always available and willing to help if needed. Otherwise, it was great to have free days and explore as I wanted to. I would recommend this trip to anyone looking to come to South America.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment was when I was climbing Rainbow Mountain. On the way up, there was an opportunity to take photos with “sexy llamas” who were wearing sunglasses and scarves. It is my favorite picture from the trip and I really enjoyed the rest of the hike.
21 people found this review helpful.
Response from Volunteering Solutions

Thank you so much for this lovely review Alex! See you again soon!!! 😊
Team Volunteering Solutions

Default avatar
Madeline
10/10
Yes, I recommend this program

Lots of adventures

There was a lot of fun experiences, especially going around to different sites like Humantay Lake. The host family was amazing and all of the food was incredible. Cusco is such a fun city and on this program you have lots of free time to go and explore it whenever you want. I would highly recommend taking a cooking class or trying out local restaurants to experience even more of the local culture. The volunteering experience was also awesome, the kids were super cute and the teachers were super appreciative of everything.

21 people found this review helpful.
Response from Volunteering Solutions

Thank you so much Madeline!!! We hope to see you on another tour in the near future!! 😊 ❤

Questions & Answers

The site says "Pre-med, nursing, and medical students" and biomedical science is like a pre-med degree, so we assume the answer is yes. Contacting the program for their answer is also never a bad idea :)

Yes they can do that.