CW Latin America: Apply to Teach English in Argentina

Teaching English in Argentina provides a fold rewarding experience for participants since it gives teachers the opportunity to master their TEFL and TESL skills while immersing themselves in the local culture of an exciting country such as Argentina.

Teachers share their own culture, enriching the lives of the students who will be more than pleased to share theirs over some tango in Buenos Aires!

To make the experience even better, teachers will be offered homestay, so they can live with their "familia" and become part of it. Also, teachers will receive a small salary for their personal expenses as well as 4 hours a week of Spanish classes.

Yes, you can teach English in Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Rosario, Mendoza, La Plata, Tucuman, Santa Fe, San Juan, Resistencia, Neuquen, Jujuy, Corrientes, La Pampa and many more.

Lauren

Adventuring in Argentina

My first week in Buenos Aires was one of a kind. We would spend the mornings taking Spanish Language classes at a local school about a block from the hostel. The classes were intensive, but were coupled with such a laid-back atmosphere that it was impossible to not enjoy yourself and have fun. After this we were free to explore the city with our fellow teachers. In the evenings our Connecting Worlds coordinator would arrange for dinner and a cultural immersion activity. One night it was Tango lessons at a Milonga, another it was dancing to an impromptu drum line. No matter what was on the agenda, it was a guaranteed good time. I didn’t want orientation week to end, but with the confidence it gave me (both in Language skills and cultural awareness) I knew I was ready to meet my host family and take on my teaching position.
My host family that Connecting Worlds paired me with was absolutely wonderful. They welcomed me as one of their own into their family. My first night there they invited the entire family over for a typical Asado dinner. We drank red wine and they fed me so much delicious typical Argentinean food I could hardly walk up the stairs to my room. One of my favorite things about Argentina was how down to earth my host family was (and most Argentinians in general).
After spending a few days getting to know my host family I started my first day teaching at a local private school. Both teachers and students alike were so welcoming. It blew me away at how helpful and kind everyone was.
Overall, my time in Argentina was amazing. If I could do it all over again, I would. I made so many lifelong friends, both Argentinians and my fellow teachers. I would recommend this program to anyone who is driven, open-minded, and looking for an unforgettable adventure.

One improvement for this program would be to have better communication between the teachers, Connecting Worlds and the school in regards to what is expected from the teacher (hours, pay, days off, Spanish language lessons, etc.) Just to verify that everyone is on the same page and is expecting the same things.

About CW Latin America

CW Latin America is Connecting World’s sister company that focuses entirely on Latin America as its programs destination. Connecting Worlds is an Argentinean cultural exchange organization founded in 2011 by passionate people who believe that truly...