Camp Borneo - Volunteer in Borneo 1-3 months

The exotic and multicultural island of Borneo is a gem of southeast Asia, offering gap year adventure seekers an unforgettable and authentic experience well away from the usual tourist trail. Camp Borneo offers you the chance to truly immerse yourself in the culture and way of life in rural Sabah. Our camps are located alongside villages, most people live below the poverty line without access to sufficient education, healthcare or fresh drinking water.

You'll work on projects to improve the community's standard of living. In addition to our community projects you will also get stuck in to our environmental projects designed to safeguard the environments of some of Borneo's wonderful wildlife, including the endangered orang-utan. Whether you choose our Jungle or Island program, or the three month program that includes both, you will be blown away by the kindness of the local people that you will live and work alongside in beautiful Borneo.

Danie

Amazing

Had the most incredible time at Camp Borneo. The project work was a little disorganised at times but we didn't mind because it was really fulfilling and all the people were so lovely! The camp itself was nice and in a cool location right next to the jungle and just a very short drive away from the village we were working in.
One of my highlights though was having fresh coconuts at the project site on our last day, that someone literally climbed up a tree to get for us.

The project work was a little disorganised at times.
Josh

Climbing Mt. Kinabalu

About halfway through my experience in Borneo, I was given the opportunity to climb Mt. Kinabalu and I took up the opportunity with both hands. We spent two days climbing and that involved waking up at 2am one morning but once we had reached the summit, any pain or tiredness we felt quickly disappeared. The guide, the accommodation we stayed in over night and my peers all meant that I was part of an experience I would of never thought of doing. By far this was the most incredible journey of my life so far.