Bridging the Gap China: 1 Month Gap Year Program

Bridging the Gap China: 1 Month Gap Year Program

Our 1 month gap year program is ideal for those that are looking to combine some fun-filled traveling with Mandarin tutoring. The program starts in Beijing but most of the traveling will take place in the beautiful Yunnan province in South West China. Some of the places visited include Kunming, Dali, Lijiang and the ancient town of Shaxi.

The schedule includes Mandarin tutoring in the morning, followed by various culturally related activities in the afternoon, such as Chinese cooking, visits to Confucius temples, tours of some of the ancient towns, Yunnan minority dance shows, and so on. A fully qualified teacher will accompany students everywhere, thus providing you with a unique opportunity to practice what you've learned outside the classroom, but with a teacher on hand to provide any necessary assistance.

The 1 month program is ideal for those looking for an introduction to the Chinese language.

Asia » China » Kunming
Guesthouse
Hotel
Primary Language
Chinese
Included in the price: internal flights in China, all other travel in China, entrance tickets, food, accommodation, tuition, teaching materials.
Not included in the price: international flights, travel insurance, spending money

Tom
Oxford, UK
University of Oxford

So much fun, and so useful

We travelled round Yunnan, one of the most beautiful provinces in China, with tutoring in the mornings and visiting sites in the afternoons. I was up to a pretty good standard of Mandarin by the end of just a month, and have come away with some really fantastic memories. The tutors/guides Cellan and Jimmy were great fun, and had some pretty good chat as well. If you're going to visit China and want to learn Chinese from scratch, I cannot recommend this highly enough. The most stunning scenery, lovely people and really productive lessons.

Spend longer out there, to really get good at the Mandarin. 1 month only gives you a basis.

Fergus
Glasgow.
University of Glasgow

Review for BtGC

I had an incredible time with BtGC. I found the staff to be excellent and the teaching standard very high. The price was actually cheaper than a lot of other company's. Furthermore, after running in too trouble loosing my phone our guide/teacher went beyond what I would have expected of him to help me. We traveled to several lovely locations and saw things that I will remember for my entire life. I heartily recommend a trip to china and found BtGC and excellent company to do it with.

The program is what you make of it. I personally have no complaints and had a great time. You need to be able to do some work for a relatively stress free teaching experience for you and the teacher. Choose your traveling companions wisely.

We provide specially designed courses which combine Mandarin learning with traveling around China, predominantly the Yunnan province.

Our teachers travel with students throughout the course providing the ultimate environment for Mandarin learning. Within the course there is a mixture of formal classroom lessons and informal