Dome of the Rock- Jerusalem
Bahai Gardens- Haifa

Workshop participants will take part in seminars, hiking trips, and educational excursions and spend the first half of the year (Boneh) learning important life skills while living with their peers.

The second half (Kaveret) is spent employing those skills in stimulating placements, with Israeli youth, meant to build responsibility, confidence, and instill personal achievement.

In between these two parts of the Workshop program, participants choose a 10-day educational experience (Ofek) where they actively engage in one of four activities including agricultural work, study at a secular Jewish yeshiva, an ulpan (Hebrew language) course or a backpacking hike (tiyul).

In addition, Workshop participants will visit important historical sites in Poland to experience a thorough historical overview of the Shoah (Holocaust) and the role of youth movements within it.

Naomi

Living, Learning, and Volunteering in Israel

I lived on a kibbutz in Israel for the first three months with some of my closest friends. While we did not take classes, we had informal learning sessions that were discussion based, and taught by members of our movement. Learning through informal education teaching styles can be difficult at times, but I ultimately learned more than I ever thought I would because I was able to actively participate to my fullest. For the last six months, I lived in a mixed Jewish-Arab city in the north of Israel in a communal setting and volunteered with the local Israeli youth. I lived with 17 others and figured out how to live with a shared budget to be spent on food and travel. It was the most exciting, yet eye-opening experience I have ever had.

I would want to be able to interact with the people in the kibbutz more by having a host-family.

Location:
Haifa-U. Michaeli
( HFA )
Eilat-Ramon
( ETM )

Israel is revered for its religious diversity and unique scenery. Spend your days reaping the benefits of soaking in the Dead sea or explore the 3 faiths that have a special connection to Israel: Judaism, Christianity & Islam.

About Habonim Dror

Founded in 1935, Habonim Dror (the Builders of Freedom) is a Progressive Labor Zionist Youth movement whose mission is: - To build a personal bond and commitment between North American Jewish youth and the State of Israel. - To create Jewish leaders...