Free Spirit Experience Gap Year in Israel and Italy
View Other Details
All programming and ongoing support
Parents' visit and family activities (optional)
Free Spirit offers a unique experience in Israel and Italy, filled with adventures, work experiences, and cultural-immersion community living.
Your first semester starts with Kibbutz living, tours and trips in Israel, a 5-day sailing expedition to Cyprus, individual guidance and support, and social and group forming activities. We then move to Italy for 4 weeks of exploration and various work experiences: Pizzeria, Organic Farm-to-Restaurant-Table work, Social Activism, and more.
For your second semester, you may choose from many internship options, or build your own internship in Israel or Italy: "Ulpan" experience (intensive Hebrew learning), farming, high-tech internships, work with refugees in Tel-Aviv, "Marva" - military training for non-Israelis, and any of the Italian experiences. These vary in settings, social contexts, and levels of structure and support - all to fit your wishes and needs.
You may come for one or two semesters, and opt to stay for the summer.
Video and Photos
- Find your passion through many experiences and opportunities
- Cultural immersion in Israel and Italy
- Adventures for lifetime memories: Kibbutz life, Sailing on the Mediterranean, Italy and Italian cooking...
- Developing independence step by step
- An ideal balance between support-structure and independence-freedom