Language and Personal Development Program in Japan

Be The Change (BTC) is a Japanese language and personal development program for 18-29 year olds looking to discover a career they love whilst traveling in the north of Japan.

Our unique 12-week program combines language language study, cultural experiences, travel and adventure activities and an internship/community volunteering option.

Live in a vibrant, international community, work towards personal goals, experience challenge, and discover yourself and your career.

Stage 1: Weeks 1-6
Weekly Japanese language classes in groups of less than 10 | Community-living | Entrepreneurship & cultural workshops | Cultural experiences | Activities and travel

Stage 2: Weeks 7-12
Internship/Community Volunteer Placement | Final week for review and reflection | Real-life chances to use your Japanese | Mentorship support | Personal development

• Learn real-life Japanese in a non-classroom context
  • Travel throughout Hokkaido and have a culturally immersive experience
  • Take part in a 5 week internship/community volunteering experience
  • Receive program mentorship and support
  • Take part in a wide range of activities and adventure with a learning community

Sylvia

A wonderful experience with a lovely organisation

Your Travel Hokkaido is still a small company, but every single employee is lovely and hard-working. I felt like customer satisfaction was their first priority at all times.
I got picked up at the airport by the director of the program, who immediately made me feel at ease. She's an extremely sweet person!
The education part of the program was also really good. I had two amazing teachers. 6 weeks is of course not enough time to learn a whole new language, but the teachers try to teach you everything you'll need the most. When they knew where I'd volunteer, they taught me the vocabulary I'd need the most in that specific workplace.
In short, everyone in the company always goes the extra mile.
The program was the perfect balance between learning Japanese, being immersed in Japanese culture and volunteering.
Even though it's based in Sapporo, you get to see all of the highlights of Hokkaido. I even went to the most Eastern and the most northern parts of Hokkaido, which are extremely far from Sapporo.
It was amazing!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try to go out more in my free time and make more friends to get the most out of the experience.