View Other Details
The Students are assigned a medical mentor that will guide them during the internship.
Weeekend activities like city tours, swimming or night out can be arranged but the fee will be not be covered.
Your gap year opportunities multiply if you are at the CPGH for volunteer programs or placements abroad. There are numerous community projects from various organizations partnered with the hospital like the breastfeeding program of UNICEF and the University of Ghent’s research program on mother to child HIV/AIDS transmission. Your internship programs at the CPGH would also mean clinical rotation across the rich learning environments of paediatrics, general medicine, emergency, obstetrics and gynaecology. So, you can choose your medical electives in:
- Shadowing supervising doctors and consultants to understand patient needs.
- Evaluating patient conditions and generating a prognosis.
- Working with individuals and groups in the hospital's volunteer programs and community service, thus offering medical help in an unfamiliar, challenging and culturally-different setting.
- Preparing and assisting patients for medical examinations in various departments.
- Gaining experience in handling sterile instruments, equipment, supplies and preparing rooms.