View Other Details
Supervisor at all times and support
Kobe Kenya facilitates the travel and itinerary arrangements for guests wishing to volunteer or spend a gap year in Kenya. We connect you to organisations and schools that would be happy to let you into their space, to teach you, and learn from you. This is an opportunity to learn about a new culture and share your, understand the working environment in a different country, and learn about teamwork and independence, initiative, and timekeeping. The organisations make an impact in our community in various ways and have been working in their fields for years.
There will always be someone supervising you when you are volunteering. The placements will almost always be in the Nakuru County region, about a 2.5-hour drive from Nairobi (Kenya's Capital). Nakuru is known as a tourist destination and arts hub that boasts gorgeous sites and scenery. Applications are usually arranged such that there will be other volunteers on their placement at the same time as you.
- Diverse culture and a small population makes it easier to make new friends and network
- Gain a passion for your degree, and international experience in your field
- Learn more about the Kenyan culture and maybe even a few Swahili words
- Visit Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru National Park, Mombasa or Nanyuki during your free time, all famous tourist sites.
- Go hiking and cycling to explore the community, lake and nearby hills and mountains during your free time.