Gap Year: Year Long Service Learning Opportunities in Switzerland with United Planet

Mountain with year round snow
Mountains in Switzerland
Volunteer in Switzerland
Volunteer in Switzerland
Gap Year volunteers in Switzerland
Gap Year volunteers in Switzerland
Switzerland Nature

Join United Planet on a gap year volunteer Quest in Switzerland! Switzerland is an ideal location for those who enjoy breathtaking scenery and the outdoors! While you spend your gap year volunteering abroad in Switzerland, you will have plenty of opportunities to explore all that Switzerland has to offer. Largely politically neutral, you are sure to enjoy a calm experience while interacting with locals.

Volunteer have the opportunity to get involved with communities in need while joining a United Planet long-term volunteer program for 6 or 12 months. Experience cultural immersion in one of the most stunning destinations in Europe!

Enroll in our Volunteer Quest Program to Ghana, Romania, Argentina, Nepal and New Zealand before January 31st!

During the month of January, United Planet will offer $250 Travel Grants to anyone who enrolls in a program to Ghana, Romania, Argentina, Nepal, and New Zealand (valid for any duration in that country). Enroll Today!

Andrew

Switzerland

I had a blast In Switzerland. The people I met and the times I had there are unforgettable. I didn't have one moment where I really missed home due to technology, so when they tell you at some point you'll hate it I don't really see that as an issue. I also had some issues in the area of the Swiss ICYE and it wasn't major so it didn't really change my feelings on how the trip went. I still had the best year of my life abroad in Switzerland and it wouldn't have been possible without United Planet!

Once I was there I wish the emphasis that ICYE Swiss put on learning German wasn't there. They told us we had to learn German and that wasn't why I was there. Also due to some living situations some people got train passes for the entire country and some got nothing at all due to how far they lived from their work. I was one that was told I could walk to school so i would receive nothing. I purchased the train pass for a bit over $2,500 for the whole country I felt that if one got it then everyone should receive it.
Response from United Planet

Andrew, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are so glad that your Quest to Switzerland was the best year in your life. Also, thank you for leaving your feedback. We are always trying to improve the quality of our programs to provide the best experience to our volunteers.