- United States of America
- Chapel Hill
View Other Details
5-week program (Spring or Summer): $5500 early bird discount; $6000 regular price
10-week program (Fall): $11,500 early bird discount, $12,000 regular price
This program cost is all-inclusive, including rustic room and board: simple living in a "yome" (sort of like a fancy yurt), plus abundant, delicious, and locally-sourced food. The cost covers all scheduled programming, including regular classes, guest teachers, weekend workshops, day trips, and overnight trips.
Scholarships are available, as well as a Flexible Refund Policy. See website for more.
Dear Current and Aspiring Climate and Social Justice Activists:
Are you seeking a totally unique educational experience that links society, the environment, the economy, and your development as an individual?
The Rising Earth Immersion (REI) is a holistic and cutting-edge environmental leadership program at The Eco-Institute for change-makers ages 18-28 who are carving out a life-path in service of eco-social justice.
While living in dynamic community on an organic farm and Earth sanctuary in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, learn the art of permaculture, and how to leverage its transformative power for ecological restoration, social contribution, and your own metamorphosis. Live simply while tending the land, growing and preparing fresh food in community, learning homesteading, activism, collaborative leadership, yoga and mindfulness skills, gaining a Permaculture Foundations Certificate, and more!
- Grow your own organic food while caring for an educational farm (milking goats, anyone?)
- Learn homesteading skills from farmers, fermenters, herbalists, natural builders, and more
- Participate in workshops with leading thinkers in alternative economics and climate justice
- Conspire with a group of diverse allies in planning trips and collaborative activism projects
- Explore the beautiful lands of the Piedmont region, the dynamic community of Chapel Hill, and the academic district of North Carolina's Research Triangle