Dive in to Ecuador, a country of brilliant colors, with Westcoast Connection! Upon your arrival in Quito, you feel immersed into the natural and cultural uniqueness of this amazing country. Ecuador, named after the equator passing through it, allows you to straddle the Northern and Southern hemispheres at Mitad del Mundo. Other activity highlights include zip lining in the Mindo cloud forest, snorkeling on the spectacular Galapagos Islands and visiting giant tortoises.
In addition to adventure activities, students have the opportunity to participate on incredible service projects, from targeting youth populations and beautification projects to reforestation of natural habitats. Westcoast Connection is a qualified Certifying Organization for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. A letter of completion recognizing hours of service completed is issued after the program.
- Volunteer with Pan de Via and the Amazon Rainforest Quichua Community to help with beautification, restoration, and development projects.
- At the Simon Rodriguez School and Educativa Liceo Naval Galapagos, bring cheer to the children while helping with beautification projects.
- Rancho Primicas - help in the reforestation of the natural habitat of giant tortoises.
- Experience Ecuador & the Galapagos: River tube the Mindo River, Canopy zip line in the Mindo Cloud Forest, Discover giant tortoises, Hike to Refuge - Cotopaxi, Snorkel off the Galapagos Islands.
- Visit La Mitad del Mundo (Center of the World), Explore the winding streets of historic Quito, Take in unrivaled views of Quito