Study abroad in France | Blyth Academy International Summers

student wearing Blyth Academy bag overlooking the ocean
student wearing Blyth Academy bag overlooking the ocean
students riding bikes near beach in Nice
students riding bikes near beach in Nice

Earn a high school credit this summer studying abroad in France with Blyth Academy International Summers!

What better way to fall in love with France than to sample all it has to offer, with jaunts to Paris, the Mediterranean, and the French countryside?

To get a real feel for the traditional French way of life, one must begin with an exploration of Aix-en-Provence, the capital of countryside culture. The cobbled main streets, fascinating shops and splendid cafés offer the perfect environment for studies. Head south to the glamorous Côte d’Azur (French Riviera) for some celebrity gazing, yacht-watching, and relaxing on fabulous beaches that see upward of 310 days of sunshine each year. With a palette suitably calibrated to French culture, you’re prepared to enter picturesque Paris, the City of Light and an epicentre of fashion, art, and cuisine.

A veritable feast of food, fashion, philosophy, and more, a thousand years of fantastic culture awaits you in France.

Ariel

The trip of a lifetime

I was nervous at first to go on this trip as I had no idea what to expect. I didn't know anyone else going and I wasn't sure what to expect regarding the work load. I can safely say that making friends was not an issue. Everyone on this trip was on the same boat as me, no one came with a friend and we were all eager to get to know each other. Within the first hour after getting dropped off at the airport, I already got to know 2 people very well. The teachers cared about their students much more than any other public or private school teacher would, making it much easier to understand the work. The teachers were available at all hours to help their students with any difficulties we would have. The experiential learning opportunities were beyond incredible. While learning and reading about both world war I and II, we got to visit Vimy Ridge and Juno Beach. We had the chance to see first hand where certain battles took place which helped us visualize and picture the challenging lives of the soldiers in the war. Not only did we get to see the educational aspect of France, but we were also immersed in the amazing French culture. Our trip led us on incredible paths leading to the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Mont-Saint-Michel, and much more. Truly and incredible trip!

Sarah

Génial!

I didn't really know what to expect from this trip and I was more than a little nervous when I arrived, but over the course of two hours, I'd already met some awesome people that I would end up hanging out with the entire trip. The teachers were fun and easy going, often chatting with students during downtime and organizing fun little activities like runs down to the beach. We first landed in Marseille and stayed in Aix-en-Provence, we were there for about three days. We then travelled by bus to Mandelieu where we stayed for roughly a week. Of the three cities where we stayed, Mandelieu was the best, cooler and closer to the sea than Aix-en-Provence, and quieter/calmer than Paris. Lastly, we travelled again by bus to Paris and remained there for the final two weeks of the trip. We ended up seeing all kinds of different landscapes and styles that aren't seen as much (if at all) in Canada. It was fascinating and exhilarating and I can easily see myself going on another trip, probably not back to France, but definitely with Blyth.

If, while at the airport before everybody gets on the plane, the teachers could gather their classes and show the students who their classmates are so when the plane lands they know who to look for and on the plane who to talk to, this could serve as a tremendous ice breaker.

About Blyth Academy

Blyth Academy is the leading private school in Canada by enrolment, with fourteen campuses across Ontario. Additionally, we offer over 30 academic summer programs in more than 30 countries across the world where students can earn credits towards a...