View Other Details
Deposit Due: $500 upon acceptance
Full Program Payment Due: March 15
ayment Plans – Payment plans are available upon request. Simply contact us for details. We’re happy to help you and your family work out the plan that will make your trip a possibility!
Financial Aid – We have scholarships and financial aid available for qualified high school applicants.
STRIVE has been called “the world’s coolest running camp” but it’s really so much more. You’ll spend 3 weeks training at altitude in the world-famous High Altitude Training Center where you’ll bump shoulders with Olympians and record-holders. You’ll also learn how to serve a community, what the real meaning of “Hakuna Matata” is, and if you can hang with a Kenyan fartlek. The grand finale? A safari - don’t worry, you won’t be running near the lions.
Located at 8,000 ft above sea level, with majestic views into the valley, Iten is the perfect place to follow in the steps of hundreds of elite runners on the famous red-clay roads of Kenya. The crisp morning air makes it great for a morning shake out run, while the afternoon sun is just warm enough but not too hot for a great workout. In between, visit a number of service projects with which STRIVE has fostered connections over the years.
- Learn from your leaders and trip-mates – about service and how we can serve others well, about how to improve as an athlete (whatever your level), how to eat ugali like a Kenyan, and even how to use “Jambo” correctly in a Kenyan Swahili greeting.
- Be more than a tourist as you settle into life in the Rift Valley, get to know the spectacular town of Iten, and make friends around town while shopping for snacks and running clothes at the famous “Runner’s Point” store
- Stay in the High Altitude Training Center, run by Lornah Kiplagat, and visited by world class athletes from around the world. If you’re lucky bump shoulders with the world’s best, like David Rudisha, Vivian Cheriyot and maybe even get that selfie you’ve
- Listen to a legendary coach of the sport, Brother Colm O’Connell, on the campus of the world-famous St Patrick’s Secondary School where trees are planted for each World Champion or Olympian alum.
- Search for The Big Five while on safari in the Masai Mara, one of the most beautiful places on earth, and practice your jumping skills with Masai warriors