- South Africa
- Cape Town
View Other Details
GROW Abroad's 2-4 week group program gives you an idea of the diversity in cultures and why South Africans refer to themselves as the Rainbow Nation. Seeking to foster tolerance and understanding among each other in line with the principles fostered by Nelson Mandela, the program is aimed at opening minds, broadening world views, and creating memorable experiences.
This program will allow you to experience the diverse cultures, the cosmopolitan biosphere and coastlines, as well as gain first-hand knowledge of the country's rich history and traditions. An insight into South African school life alongside our high school peer assistants – fondly referred to as our GROW Buddies – will allow you to explore and share day-to-day experiences with persons of their own age.
The entire experience will take place while placed in a South African family, allowing for an authentic feel of South African home life. The spirit of Ubuntu is extended through our volunteering and sustainability pro
- Your host family will provide you with a warm hearted and caring home stay, where your adventure will start with discovering the Capetonian hospitality.
- Our partner High Schools are culturally diverse and will add to your educational experiences.
- You will be involved in giving back to local communities!
- You will be exposed to our extensive coast line and beaches, national parks, colourful markets and historical landmarks through interactive activities.
- We have developed carefully crafted tours to ensure that there is a balance between activities, sightseeing, time to relax and to enjoy the stunning and often contrasting beauty of the surrounds.