View Other Details
Tickets are purchased as a group and cost an additional $1205 USD. Our group flight departs from Los Angeles.
Experience the Tibetan plateau, learn about Buddhism and immerse yourself in nomadic Tibetan life while participating in a rural homestay.
With SStS, you will have the chance to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our trusted NGO partner, the Tibetan Village Project. As part of your work, you will help with the Tibet Ecowaste Project to encourage environmental awareness and reduce pollution.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the ecology and culture of the Tibetan Plateau as well as visit Buddhist monasteries and a panda breeding center.
As part of your experience, you will learn about ethical leadership and global citizenship through SStS's unique Five Lens Curriculum. In addition, you will be immersed in a rural homestay with traditional Tibetan villagers.
THE SSTS DIFFERENCE:
-Small groups (10-12 students)
-Expert course instructors
-Trusted NGO partners
- Visit ancient monasteries and learn more about Buddhist traditions.
- Live with local families and immerse yourself in the lives of traditional Tibetan villagers.
- Hike in the magnificent Tibetan landscape.
- Visit a panda breeding center.
- Promote social entrepreneurship while preserving the rich cultural heritage of Tibet.