Project Fashion

Project Fashion

Project Fashion was designed for today's teens who want to get an in-depth look at the fashion industry. You'll spend two weeks attending classes and workshops at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) and learn from industry professionals who bring their experience and connections into the classroom.

You'll learn about trend spotting, styling, fashion design, merchandising, and more. When you're not engulfed in hands-on workshops, you'll spend your days exploring Los Angeles and all it has to offer.

Activities include: Universal Studios, Melrose Ave, Santa Monica Pier, Beverly Hills & Rodeo Drive, WB Studio Tour, LA Dodgers game, and a Venice Beach day.

You'll stay at the prestigious University of Southern California and get a taste of life on campus.

Project Fashion will be held June 25th - July 10th, 2017 for students entering grades 10, 11, 12.

North America » United States of America » Los Angeles
Exclusions
Airfare
Age Max
Deposit
The cost of the program includes:
-Education at FIDM
-Room and board at University of Southern California
-Private transportation
-Meals out
-All activities

Mckaelyn
New Orleans

The best program ever.

I would say one of my favorite parts of this program was getting to meet people from all over the world such as China, Angola, New York, and so on. Even though we all come from different places and backgrounds, we still are all there for the same reason and share the same passions. Most importantly, the overall environment was very welcoming and comforting due to an outstanding staff and group of like-minded individuals. Furthermore, I am thankful for the experience and exposure I got to multiple parts of the fashion industry from this program and the people I get to forever call my friends.

Everything was perfect. There is no need for improvement.

Maureen
New Orleans

Great Experience!

I had so much fun on this trip, and I met really amazing people. I was scared at first, but everyone was so welcoming and so kind. I am still in contact with the people I met, and I will never forget how much fun we had. This trip was very eye-opening, and I had many new experiences. I had never been to California before so it was so amazing to travel to all new places and learn new information to help me in the future.

Riley
Orlando

Experience America is awesome!

From the staff, to the accommodations, to the events within the trip, the food, the classes- everything was absolutely amazing! Jesse and Caryn are so nice, accommodating, and understanding! I loved the experience of attending Fashion at FIDM out in LA, I had and for the low cost, the experience outweighs it drastically. We did everything that LA had to offer from karoke, to visiting Rodeo Drive, to a Dodgers game, and everything was organized perfectly and the transitions always seemed seamless. While we did a lot, everything was done in an easy and laid back manner which was awesome. Staying at USC was great and attending classes at FIDM were both awesome, as we got two very different college experiences (traditional vs. nontraditional).

N/A

Experience America was founded with the goal of improving every aspect of student travel and summer programs. Our background in education and travel combined with our obsession with quality, our goal is for our students to gain a life-changing experience.