TEFL Internship in Argentina

Teaching English in Argentina provides a fold rewarding experience for participants since it gives teachers the opportunity to master their TEFL and TESL skills while immersing themselves in the local culture of an exciting country such as Argentina.

Teachers share their own culture, enriching the lives of the students who will be more than pleased to share theirs over some tango in Buenos Aires!

To make the experience even better, teachers will be offered homestay, so they can live with their “familia” and become part of it. Also, teachers will receive a small salary for their personal expenses as well as 4 hours a week of Spanish classes.

• Our programs are some of the most affordable international exchange programs on offer in Latin America, particularly when you analyse the relationship between price and quality of experience.
  • Experience the real Argentina with many placements being in smaller towns and cities throughout the country
  • The unique opportunity of becoming a member of a new Argentinean family and enjoying the pleasures of their home-made meals.
  • The chance to travel around some of the most breathtaking landscapes of the world (Iguaz Falls, Patagonia, Mendoza, Salta, etc).
  • Spanish lessons to either learn, practice or master your language skills.

Ben Tollington
Ben

A Passionate country

I still reflect very happily on my time in Argentina and I am so glad I decided to do it, and I am especially thankful to Connecting Worlds for making me feel comfortable throughout my program. After an amazing induction week in Buenos Aires learning Spanish, eating other-worldly steak, and exploring the sights and bars of the city, I travelled to a seaside city called Mar del Plata and taught English for 4 months in a private school. As it was my first time teaching I prepared a presentation which I gave to all the classes of a variety of ages and skill, which made for a challenging but exciting experience. I then gave a range of general and specific classes as I gained confidence. Everyone was fascinated to listen to my accent and hear about my life in England. I was given all the support and encouragement I needed by the teaching coordinators, and everyone was so friendly and energetic that I enjoyed every minute.

I was lucky to live with a very kind family throughout my stay who showed me the typical Argentinian hospitality, I will never forget the countless lively dinner conversations we had which I just about managed to keep up with after 4 months, and to intimately experience and learn from such a passionate culture was one of the highlights of the program. I was also really impressed with the social events that our co-ordinator in Mar del Plata organised which enabled me to meet lots of amazing people who made me feel welcome in the city, helped me learn the language and the culture, and made it such an enjoyable experience.

My advice to someone thinking of joining a Teaching English Abroad Program is if you have an open mind and the time and money necessary, then do it. Any worries or nerves you have about taking on such a daunting experience are nothing compared to the new rewarding perspectives and values you will take away from it. Regarding the Argentina program I can highly recommend Connecting Worlds who looked after me personally and offered a fair and fulfilling program. I should add that as the program was quite new when I signed up, the level of teaching I would be giving and the host family I would be staying with was subject to change, so I would advise asking lots of questions to make sure you understand what to expect, but as long as you are driven to get the most out of the experience as you can and keep an open mind I can recommend choosing this program.

If I could change one thing about the program I would help the interns get more integrated in the school through allowing more teaching and assisting opportunities.