Attention U.K. students!
The U.K. Associates of BIOS Internship at BIOS provides students with the opportunity to design and conduct an independent research project, working directly with BIOS faculty mentors. Interns have the chance to participate in laboratory work, research cruises and/or other field work, depending on the research area.
Through the generosity of the U.K. Associates of BIOS and AXA XL we will be awarding a 12-week research internship in 2020.
The internship covers the costs of campus accommodation and all meals, and includes a small student stipend plus a contribution towards expenses associated with their research project. Travel expenses and medical/travel insurance are not covered.
Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in U.K. universities or colleges are eligible to apply.
The internship is for 12 consecutive weeks. Start dates are flexible depending on mentor/intern schedules and nature of the project.
- Design and conduct your own independent research project
- Access to a state-of-the-art ocean science research facility with well-equipped laboratory spaces + the flagship R/V Atlantic Explorer
- Expert mentorship from world-renowned BIOS faculty and staff
- Gain invaluable research experience and knowledge in field and laboratory techniques
- Field excursions and boat trips to explore the local flora, fauna and waters of Bermuda