Through the generosity of the U.K. Associates of BIOS and AXA XL we will be awarding a 12-week research internship in 2019.
The U.K. Associates of BIOS Internship at the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences provides students with the opportunity to design and conduct an independent research project, working directly with BIOS faculty mentors. Interns have the opportunity to participate in laboratory work, research cruises and/or other field work, depending on the research area.
Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in U.K. universities or colleges are eligible to apply, with preference given to U.K. citizens.
The internship is for 12 consecutive weeks. Start dates are flexible depending on mentor/intern schedules and nature of the project.
The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences, Inc. is an independent U.S. not-for-profit marine research and educational organization with 501(c)(3) status and a Bermuda Registered Charity (#116)
- Design and conduct your own independent research project
- Access to a state-of-the-art ocean science research facility with well-equipped laboratory spaces + the flagship R/V Atlantic Explorer
- Expert mentorship from world-renowned BIOS faculty and staff
- Gain invaluable research experience and knowledge in field and laboratory techniques
- Field excursions and boat trips to explore the local flora, fauna and waters of Bermuda