Sustainable Bolivia is looking for volunteers interested in supporting ecotourism projects in the Bolivian Amazon, around the city of Riberalta. Working alongside the municipal government and local communities, Sustainable Bolivia helped establish a new 20,000+ hectare reserve in the Bolivian Amazon in 2016, the Aquicuana Reserve.
To support conservation efforts and provide a sustainable income, SB is working alongside the local government and two communities inside the reserve to promote local ecotourism projects. Proposed initiatives include guided nature hikes, plant medicine, canoe rides, bird watching and fishing.
- Work in a local NGO and learn about international development and ecotourism
- Get involved with locals and with local projects in tourism
- Discover a not yet touristic natural reserve
- Discover the Bolivian Amazon
- Learn or Improve your Spanish