View Other Details
· $499 for a one-time fee for the internship placement
· $149/week for accommodations in a private bedroom and three meals a day during weekdays
· Optional class: $299/week for morning class
· Optional Airport Pickup: $49 for 9 AM – 7 PM; $89 before 9 AM or after 7 PM
Minds Abroad’s internship program aims to give students an insight into the modern day China, while gaining valuable work experience in Asia’s fastest growing economy.
The program will be based out of Kunming, the cosmopolitan capital of the Yunnan province. It is one of the largest cities in China, with a population of over three million. As a “typical” Chinese city in terms of the level of economic development, Kunming is an ideal site for cultural and business immersion. Just as international students visiting the US would need to journey into the country’s heartland and see more than only the gleaming sky scrapers of downtown San Francisco or Manhattan to fully understand the US, the same can be said of China. To understand China as a whole, a student must go beyond the modern and highly developed cities of Beijing and Shanghai and visit cities in the heart of China's vast interior, like Kunming.
- Intern in a much more typical Chinese city like Kunming where you can better understand Chinas vast mass market than cities like Beijing and Shanghai which are much more developed than the rest of China and thus not representative of the Chinese
- Enroll in cultural trips to know the country and its society better.
- We have multiple placements in the following fields (if you would like a placement in another field, please email us for more information): Hospitality sector (Hotels) Education (Working not only as a teacher but also in the admi
- Optional Morning Mandarin Classes:Participants who opt for half a day internships can also opt to enroll in our Weekly Morning Class Program. The purpose of these classes is to help give students the Chinese language skills they need to more fully enjoy
- Weekend Cultural Tours:Participants are free to enroll in weekend cultural trips and travel into cities of historic and cultural interest around Yunnan as well as Beijing and Shanghai. Destinations include sites that regular travelers visit but more int