- El Porvenir
View Other Details
- High comfort level with cooking and following recipes.
- High comfort level in coaching others in the cooking process.
- Has a good understanding of human nutrition and the basic components of food.
- Ability to read and understand food labels.
- Preferably bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, strong problem solver.
An intermediate level of Spanish is preferred but not required. The nutrition intern receives discounted housing (50% off for the first 6 mos. and then free after that) and should plan on staying from 6-12 months. Note that 30 days of free travel insurance is also available.
Hungry kids need healthy snacks! Your interest in nutrition can benefit children in need while enjoying life in a welcoming Caribbean coastal town. Honduras Child Alliance is offering a 6-12 month internship as the Healthy Snacks 'Ambassador' to help coordinate preparing and providing healthy snacks to food insecure children who attend the educational programs. This is an ongoing program at HCA, so applications are accepted year-round. A 6 month (preferably longer) commitment is requested.
The Nutrition Intern / Healthy Snacks Ambassador is coached by a licensed nutritionist and will be responsible to secure ingredients for snack recipes, organize the snack preparation schedule, train volunteers and community members in the preparation of recipes, conduct likability surveys with the kids when new recipes are introduced, collect data, and lead a nutrition-related lesson and activity once weekly for the PEP+ classes. The nutrition intern is part of the leadership team.
- Models locally available healthy food choices.
- Community-based development project.
- El Porvenir, Atlantida is a safe, friendly, and beautiful community!
- Progressive, diverse, environment. All are welcome!
- Designated kitchen just for snack prep.