View Other Details
This project offers the chance to be become part of a mobile medical unit or work in a children’s hospital in the medieval city of Brasov. If you wish to combine the two options, this is also possible.
On the medical unit, you will be offering support and medical care to over 100 patients who have mobility issues, are elderly, or that have been discharged from hospital and need ongoing care. Tasks will include taking blood pressure, dressing wounds, basic physiotherapy and administering medication.
In the children’s hospital you will be shadowing a team of passionate nurses and doctors helping to take care of children, many of whom have been abandoned and require mental therapy as well as physical.
Oyster provides comfortable accommodation in the city which is located in reach of exciting restaurants, bars and shops.
- Explore stunning Transylvania in your time off, from Dracula's Castle to mountain scenery.
- Gain valuable work experience, getting you ready for medical studies or improving your knowledge to apply to your course.
- Work with children or the elderly, or both!
- Meet other participants from around the world who are volunteering on a variety of Oyster projects in Romania.
- Enjoy the night life, cafe culture and range of restaurants in medieval Brasov.