Broadreach: Caribbean PADI Divemaster Internship

Broadreach Caribbean PADI Divermaster and Intern Program participant.
Broadreach Caribbean PADI Divermaster and Intern Program participant.
Broadreach PADI Divermaster in the Caribbean.
Broadreach PADI Divermaster in the Caribbean.

Take the less traveled, more challenging path toward becoming a certified PADI Divemaster. Discover the Divemaster + Intern Program, a unique Broadreach experience.

Only Broadreach would offer the kind of professional scuba training course that demands more of its candidates, pushes them further, and transforms them into professional divers and more confident leaders. The Divemaster Intern program starts off like any other Divemaster course. Students undergo 7-days of intensive dive training, covering in-class dive theory as well as in-water simulations and skill demonstration. From there, the candidates push off onto one of several Broadreach boats, working closely with Broadreach staff and mentoring small groups of students, in and out of the water.

• Complete the Divemaster course while living on a yacht and sailing the Leeward Islands
  • Put learning into action by joining a student group as a dive professional-in-training
  • Hone your leadership and mentoring skills by interacting with novice divers
  • Live and study alongside seasoned dive professionals

Olivia

marine biology PADI diving was amazing!

I experienced the Broadreach PADI program during the Marine Biology San Salvador, Bahamas trip. i was terrified the first day because i had never even gone snorkeling, but as soon as we went on our first dive i fell in love! the support was great and the learning experience was at the perfect comfortable pace. I may have just gotten lucky, but my group was AMAZING! we all had such a smooth time learning how to dive (especially since we were in San Sal), and because of our PADI experience, we all still talk everyday, 6 months later!

the food at the Gerace research center wasn't very good but everything else truly was perfect!
Jerry

Word cannot describe

Words cannot describe my Broadreach experience.

Broadreach live on-board diving programs are unique in that they are productive, but do not sacrifice traveling. This was my second diving/sailing program, and not only did I earn more certifications this time, I also traveled to more places. On my previous program, we were confined to one country, but on my Broadreach program, I managed to visit St Maarten, Saba, St Eustatius, St Kitts and Nevis, and St Barts. We experienced different cultures, spoke different languages, and spent different currencies.

The diving was amazing. Because of the diverse places we went to, each place we dove was unique. And unlike other diving programs that have a strict diving schedule, Broadreach instructors leave the scheduling to the participants. Because my crew was extremely eager and productive, we squeezed in so many dives! I ended up earning around nine certifications, and that is all due to the fact that we could schedule the dives as a group.

I couldn't asked for a better way to spend the first half of August! Thank you Broadreach!

The only issue we had was a shortage of food. The crew really liked to help ourselves to snacks during the day, and we quickly ran out of the provided food.

Alumni Interviews

About Broadreach

For more than 25 years, Broadreach has worked with middle, high school and college students to help them discover their passions and spark new curiosities on summer adventure programs. Students explore the world and their own abilities with the...