Broadreach: Caribbean PADI Divemaster and Intern Program

Broadreach: Caribbean PADI Divemaster and Intern Program

Broadreach’s Caribbean PADI Divemaster and Intern Program is designed to provide college students with professional scuba training. Students first undergo intensive dive training to complete the academic requirement of the course. During the second component of the program, students are sent to assist Broadreach staff members with dive classes and mentoring small groups of students.

Upon completion of the program, students become certified PADI Divemasters and are eligible to apply to join the Broadreach PADI staff team in the future. Participants of the training and certification program will also have an opportunity to earn college credit.

Join Broadreach for fun and learning in the Caribbean! Check out their website for more information.

North America » St. Martin
Age Requirement
Experience Requirement

Olivia
Larchmont NY

marine biology PADI diving was amazing!

I experienced the Broadreach PADI program during the Marine Biology San Salvador, Bahamas trip. i was terrified the first day because i had never even gone snorkeling, but as soon as we went on our first dive i fell in love! the support was great and the learning experience was at the perfect comfortable pace. I may have just gotten lucky, but my group was AMAZING! we all had such a smooth time learning how to dive (especially since we were in San Sal), and because of our PADI experience, we all still talk everyday, 6 months later!

the food at the Gerace research center wasn't very good but everything else truly was perfect!

Jerry
Neuchâtel, Switzerland

Word cannot describe

Words cannot describe my Broadreach experience.

Broadreach live on-board diving programs are unique in that they are productive, but do not sacrifice traveling. This was my second diving/sailing program, and not only did I earn more certifications this time, I also traveled to more places. On my previous program, we were confined to one country, but on my Broadreach program, I managed to visit St Maarten, Saba, St Eustatius, St Kitts and Nevis, and St Barts. We experienced different cultures, spoke different languages, and spent different currencies.

The diving was amazing. Because of the diverse places we went to, each place we dove was unique. And unlike other diving programs that have a strict diving schedule, Broadreach instructors leave the scheduling to the participants. Because my crew was extremely eager and productive, we squeezed in so many dives! I ended up earning around nine certifications, and that is all due to the fact that we could schedule the dives as a group.

I couldn't asked for a better way to spend the first half of August! Thank you Broadreach!

The only issue we had was a shortage of food. The crew really liked to help ourselves to snacks during the day, and we quickly ran out of the provided food.

For more than 25 years, Broadreach has expanded the horizons of over 17,000 middle school, high school and college students. On more than 70 different summer adventures in over 40 countries, Broadreach students have pursued their interests and passions, unlocking the world, understanding its people