Here are some helpful tips for coming to Korea.
1. Please bring clothing for all weathers; the summers are horribly humid and hot, but the winters are freezing.
2. Set up a bank account ASAP; having a card makes life easier.
3. Daiso is a shop that will sell all the home things you will ever need and it's cheap.
4. Learn the language, even if it's just the basics.
5. Learn the culture and history of Korea; it's incredibly important when addressing people and going into buildings.
6. If you are plus-sized, bring your own clothes; you will struggle to buy clothes especially if you are over a UK size 14.
7. That also goes to shoes; if you are over a UK size 5, you will struggle buying shoes.
8. You might find it nice to have some food you're familiar with, so bring packets of herbs/spices, etc., as you'll struggle to find it, especially if you're in a smaller city.