Staff Spotlight: Lee Mi Hyun

Title:
Korean Language Teacher

Photos

What is your favorite travel memory?

Together with my students I went to Boryeong Mud Festival in July, 2015. It only takes about an hour to get from our Academy to Daecheon Beach in Boryeong of Chungcheongnam-do. I enjoyed it very much!

I wish I could had been there again in July of 2016, but I was busy. The students went together with a guide and were happy to watch Psy concert right on the beach.

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

Since working for the academy, I have abandoned my self-centered way of thinking and started concentrating on contributing to the academy's growth together with other staff. I think it makes a genuine change.

What is the best story you've heard from a return student?

I can't forget our student Maria's facial expression each time she tasted a Korean food dish. You could see a whole story written on her face.

If you could go on any program that your company offers, which one would you choose and why?

Our Academy offers our students a unique short-term program during the summer holidays. There is no similar program that is so diverse for adults wanting to learn Korean language and culture and enjoy excursions and amusement parks in Korea.

I would also recommend our Korean Regular Program, especially, for beginners. The basic knowledge will help to cope with everyday situations.

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

Our academy has developed a welcoming family-like atmosphere for students. The Director and the teachers of our academy are concerned about students' comfort more than other schools. We are also among the private schools with the cheapest tuition. Cheap but good facility dormitories are available, too.

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

In my opinion, wide-range systematical lessons are very important. We must make effective use of achievement information to make positive changes to learning.