Staff Spotlight: Erika Quintana Barreto

Title:
Peru Coordinator

Photos

Erika is originally from Lima, Peru. She has experience in educational project management. She has also managed, developed and worked in publicity for social, cultural and artistic activities for children, youth and adults. Previously, Erika was an Advertising Executive Producer with 14 years of experience in advertising agencies. Since 2018, she has assisted with coordinating the Linguistic Horizons Latin America programs.

What is your favorite travel memory?

One of my most memorable travel experiences was when I went to Australia. I enjoyed simply exploring and getting lost in the streets of Sydney! Sydney is so big and different from my city! In general, I love remembering the times I've gone to new places and allowed myself to get lost and discover new and different things.

How have you changed/grown since working for your current company?

Since I started working with Linguistic Horizons, I have had the opportunity to meet a variety of new people from different countries. Meeting new people from different cultures is always enriching. When the people I meet are also excited to learn more about my culture, it becomes an even more enriching opportunity for mutual growth through intercultural exchange.

What is the best story you've heard from a return student?

At this moment, I don't have a specific story to tell. Nonetheless, I can say that I am very happy every time I hear something about the experience of each of the participants. The students often leave us feedback either through reviews or notes they've written to us directly. These anecdotes are fulfilling for me.

If you could go on any program that your company offers, which one would you choose and why?

Since I already know everything about our programs here in Peru, I would choose one of the programs in Spain. I have not yet been to Spain, so for me, it would be an opportunity to experience a new country and a different culture. I think the summer program in Spain would be an interesting one to attend!

What makes your company unique? When were you especially proud of your team?

I think that what makes Linguistic Horizons special as an organization is a detailed preparation and responsible development of each program activity. We believe that these experiences should be personalized, taking into account at all times the needs and interests of each of the participants. This way, each person has a unique and customized experience to remember when they return home.

What do you believe to be the biggest factor in being a successful company?

There are many factors that go into being a successful company. Perhaps one of the most important is the proper preparation of personalized programs. Additionally, the cohesion between the different people responsible for the development of the activities is crucial. And also, internally speaking, a good team that is friends rather than just coworkers is very important.