Barcelona’s City Council considers human rights to be an essential issue for any city, demonstrating that human rights is not only an important topic for central governments or international organizations to be involved with, but can also be promoted at the city level. Barcelona has proven itself to be an important hub of human rights and it is committed to the promotion and development of local human rights public policies. Human rights related internship opportunities may include research and advocacy on socioeconomic rights, researching gender-rights issues, reporting on child labor and human trafficking legislation and assisting with gender advocacy campaigns.
Further opportunities include monitoring and evaluating community based interventions, researching political rights, and carrying out human rights peer education training. Projects range from on-the-ground training and support to conducting research.
- An internship tailored to your specific career goals
- Free or at-cost access to weekly social events with your fellow Connect-123 program participants
- Comprehensive Barcelona orientation upon arrival
- Assistance in arranging housing
- Pre-trip Barcelona information pack
- Airport pick up
- Advice, support, and guidance before, during, and after your stay
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Lifetime Connect-123 Alumni group membership, connecting you with program graduates around the world for advice and opportunities