We are looking for organised, motivated and flexible people to join our international teams as a Logistics Officer and take an active role helping to run our sustainable development projects overseas.
You don't need previous logistics experience for this role, we are looking for people who can work in a team and take on a challenge. Do you fancy a change of scene and want to do something rewarding and impactful? This could be the opportunity for you!
Our programmes focus on providing access to safe water and sanitation, protecting vulnerable environments and building resilient communities, all whilst developing the skills of young people to create long-lasting positive change. In order to safely and effectively run our expeditions we need volunteer managers like you to join our Expeditions and bring your skills overseas.
We are principally recruiting this role for our Expeditions to Costa Rica in Summer 2020 running from 6 June to 7 September.
(If you are interested but not available for these dates, please get in touch and we can discuss other potential opportunities with you)
As a Volunteer Logistics Officer you will;
- Work alongside the rest of the logistics team to ensure every project site has all the supplies and equipment they need before they depart for their programmes
- Visit the community, environment and adventure project sites to deliver materials, supplies and equipment
- Work closely with the support team to collaboratively run the central Expedition field base
More detail including the full role description can be found on our website.
"Logs is the perfect opportunity to get a fully-rounded picture of Expedition. It's a challenging and demanding role, but at the same time thoroughly rewarding. If you think logistics sounds like you, then my only advice would be to go for it; if you’re anything like me, you won’t have any regrets."
Louise, Logistics Officer in 2018
- Good organisational, administrative skills
- Strong motivation and flexibility
- Background in logistics not necessary but advantageous
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career
- Learn and develop your logistics and collaborative skills in a different environment
- Build your knowledge of international sustainable development
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment
Raleigh requires fundraising costs to be paid by our volunteers to cover the cost of our projects worldwide. This amount covers all expenses when you are in-country, including food, accommodation, in-country travel, insurance, shared equipment, training and more.
Fundraising costs for this role during the summer are £2200. All Volunteer Manager roles are subsidised by Raleigh to support our Expeditions, and are reduced further during summer Expeditions. Full details on our website.