TREK is an 8-month Gap Program with an emphasis on personal and spiritual growth, outdoor adventure, and job experience in the hospitality industry. Participants will work a full-time seasonal job at Snow Mountain Ranch while regularly meeting with other TREK participants developing bonds of friendship and fellowship. This program is designed for participants age 18-22 years old.
Participants will experience faith and character development while gaining greater self-awareness and understanding. Guided by the Chaplains there will be weekly group meetings and small group meetings that encourage accountability, safe relationships, Bible study, thoughtful reflection, honest conversation and prayer. Retreats and special activities are also a part of this experience.
We host over 150 international students from over 25 different countries every year. We hold cultural exchange nights, fairs, and dinners, to encourage cultural exchange between employees. You are guaranteed to make friends from all around the world!
Dates: August 10, 2020 - May 4, 2021
Important Information: Applications are open between November 15, 2019 - June 30, 2020. TREK is only accepting 26 participants this year, so make sure to turn in your application as soon as possible! Interviews begin January 15, 2020.
*Please not that we do not provide Visa's or Sponsorship for this program.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $240/week with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free Wi-Fi and no bills)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days a week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop.
- Free Grand Passes for skiing at Winter Park Resort, Steamboat Springs, Copper Mountain, and Ski Granby Ranch, and for mountain biking, rock climbing, and golf during the summer.
- Discounted gear rentals for sports and outdoor recreation.
- Employee programming including free or discounted staff trips.
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges