- Advanced fluency in Italian
- 3+ years teaching or administering educational programs
- 1+ years leading educational travel programs for teenage students, such as study abroad or summer programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team
- Lodging: throughout the actual term of employment
- Airfare: group flight from JFK airport to the program site
Abbey Road is seeking strong and experienced Group Leaders for our summer program in Florence, Italy. The Group Leader oversees the overall operation of the program, manages the program staff, and serves as the primary liaison with the parents, the local partner school, and local host families.
Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of the program, including academic, recreational, social components and,
most importantly, student safety.
Oversee the entire academic process. Serve as primary liaison with the local partner school if applicable. Work closely with instructors to monitor the overall academic process and student progress. Directors are responsible for conducting student observations and student evaluations.
Serve as primary liaison with the local host families if applicable. The Group Leader oversees the family placements, maintains close contact with the homestay families, and addresses student and parent concerns.
Manage and evaluate the program staff.
Ensure the safety of students and staff at all times and enforce the program rules and discipline.