ECELA Spanish School: Language Immersion in Argentina

Painting a gift for senior citizens during counseling class.
La Boca
Practicing Spanish while making empanadas.
ECELA Spanish School
ECELA Spanish School

We divide the classes into two main sections - grammar and conversation, each equally important to learning the language. These blocks are divided in terms of the students level or skill. For example, the student can have a different level for each of the blocks and therefore be taking different classes for them.

• Instruction 8
Emily

Spanish and Counseling

I participated in a 6 week Spanish and Counseling program. This was my first time spending 6 weeks abroad by myself. I had anxiety attacks and broke out into hives, but it was still one of the most valuable and incredible experiences I have ever had in my life. Despite my anxiety, I wandered alone in a new, large city and made friends with people from other states and countries. I also managed to speak only Spanish most of the day, every day, and by the time I left people could actually understand me!

Overall, I felt supported by the school staff, other students and my host family. I felt safe and welcome. My Spanish greatly improved and I gained valuable experience that I have brought back to my job as a social worker in the United States.

I was very tired at the end of each day, so it might help to make the days less busy. We had Spanish classes in the morning and counseling classes or a field trip in the afternoon. Then we did cultural and social activities in the evening.

About ECELA Spanish School

This is the ideal school to learn Spanish and be immersed in Argentinian culture. Because of its location, there are many restaurants, cafes, shops, museums, bars, and theaters. You are in a metropolitan area so there is always something to do. We...