Learn Spanish in Costa Rica with Intensa

Heredia School
Heredia School
Zip lining
Zip lining

We have been teaching Spanish in Costa Rica since 1980, at the beginning of 2000, we started to offer semi-intensive programs, ideal for those with limited time for studying.

Our programs are offered to students of all ages: kids, teenagers, adults and seniors. We also offer business programs for companies, individual lessons, and conversation clubs.

Groups: you can choose between our 6 or 4 hours a day lessons (imparted in small groups of 3 to 6 students).

Combined: you can combine the 4-hour a day program with 2 hours of private lessons a day. This is a great option to customize your course and focus on your learning goals.

One to One: private lessons are offered in fixed packages or on-demand, providing flexible schedules and course content adaptable to your needs.

Intensa has four campuses in the main cities of the country. Two of them are in the province of San José: Barrio Escalante and Escazú, and the other two are in Heredia and Alajuela.

• Customizable courses.
  • Extracurricular activities included.
  • Four locations to choose from!
  • Over 37 years experience teaching languages!

• Instruction 10
Costa

Intensa: great for disciplined students

I went to Intensa to learn Spanish, and the intensive schooling combined with practice in the real world at home and on the streets definitely did the job. Everyone I interacted with outside of school on a daily basis was blown away with the progress I made in such a short time.

I was already living in Costa Rica when I started this program and chose it based on 2 factors: reputation among the locals as a good school and cost. They gave me a great discount because I had friends that were alumni and I was making a typical Costa Rican salary, which is basically nothing. Plus, I planned to go through the whole course and not just a week or two. I went through a total of 10 levels, taking about 3 months.

The teachers were dedicated and really cared about teaching. We did a lot of repetitive work with grammar structures, but we also had free conversation time everyday. For me, it was the perfect mix of technical and practical.

I didn't have 1st hand experience with living situations, but the other students in class seemed to be satisfied. The class sizes were very small - the most students in a class ever were 5, and that was only for 1 week. I usually had the teacher to myself or just another student and me.

I attended the school in San Jose as well as Alajuela. Both urban locations, but there were trips to other towns and the beach. Plus cultural activities, e.g. I learned how to cook some typical Costa Rican dishes. :)