Academia Tica: Spanish Group Classes and / or Private lessons

Academia Tica: Spanish Group Classes and / or Private lessons

Academia Tica is a Spanish language school from Costa Rica since 1986. Located in two attractive locations, we offer standard intensive programs (group lessons, private lessons or a combination of both) and special courses like Travellings Classroom programs, DELE Preparation courses and Surf & Spanish courses. Academia Tica is an Instituto Cervantes Associated Center and DELE Exam Center.

We offer Spanish courses in all levels, as well as Internship and Volunteering programs and tours. Programs start every Monday. Prices are competitive and courses are of very high quality with Intercultural dimension.

The school houses 10 classrooms, large tropical gardens, and an on-site student residence. Free WiFi is available throughout the campus. There is also a lounge area, multiple study areas, a rec-room, and a computer lab. Students will also receive a free fitness club membership upon enrollment.

North America » Costa Rica » San José
North America » Costa Rica
Cultural Studies
Hispanic Studies
Latin American Studies
Spanish
Starting price range for one week of classes.
Jacó Beach

Judith
USA

Spanish in Costa Rica

I only spent one week learning Spanish at Academia Tica. However, I liked it a lot since I had a teacher just for me, which I considered to be ideal given that I'm a total beginner. I never would've thought I'd go that far in five days. My teacher was very patient and the staff school very friendly. I felt very good from day one. Besides, the activities organized by the school were very important for me. I loved the Latin American cinema, the cooking classes and the recreational center with gym (which you can attend for free!). There is always something nice to do. Thank you so much for the great time! Greetings from Michigan!

Juliette
Switzerland

Learning Spanish!

Three weeks ago I arrived at Jacó beach with a very large backpack and a very small vocabulary. I wanted to learn how to speak Spanish to travel and to discover what life in Costa Rica is like. Over the past few weeks, Oscar, Hilda and Gloria taught me a lot. Thank you for your patience and your sense of humor. I learned many words, the difference between “por” and “para”, when to use the indefinite or imperfect, the imperative and more. Now I know how to cook tortillas and empanadas and how the chocolate is produced. I also learned that sunsets are more beautiful on the beach. I am glad to have visited this beautiful country and to talk and learn more every day. My trip is not over but at the end I'm sure my backpack will be bigger, my vocabulary wider and my heart happier. Thank you all!

Kelsey
Central Michigan University

Spanish classes in Academia Tica

Six months ago, I decided to come to Costa Rica to learn Spanish and surf. I arrived to the country with no expectations. During these months, with the patience of my teachers, I feel now really confident when speaking Spanish, and that, taking into account that I'm a lousy student, is saying a lot. My teachers shared with generosity the traditions and culture of Costa Rica, giving me the opportunity to know this very interesting and beautiful part of the country. The school staff is always available to help with any problem. On my trip to Jacó beach, I met fantastic people from different countries with whom I shared long discussions about life in general (and also many beers). I also liked the walks to the beach, the surf, the beautiful view, the restaurants and bars. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all the help, smiles and sense of humor. I feel very lucky!

Academia Tica Spanish School is a leader in the Spanish teaching in Central America. The school is an Instituto Cervantes Accredited Center with two locations in Costa Rica.

The school provides flexible intensive Spanish programs and a variety of special programs including Travelling Classrooms programs,