Learn Spanish & Adventure and enjoy the ¡Buena Onda! of Monterrico - a hammock-swinging coastal village with Guatemala's best ocean beach! The setting of Monterrico is one of the finest on the Pacific coast, with the scenery reduced to its basic elements: a strip of dead-straight sand, a line of powerful surf, a huge empty ocean, and an enormous curving horizon. The village is a friendly and relaxed place fringed by the waters of the Canal de Chiquimulilla, which weaves through a fantastic network of mangrove forests. The atmosphere changes a little on weekends when party-geared visitors from the capital fill up the hotels.
During weeks 1 & 3, in addition to Spanish lessons, we have about 3 hours of volunteering each day Monday through Friday. During the weekends we also have one ½ day volunteering activity, keeping the local kids busy with some fun activities!
During weeks 2 & 4 we enjoy exciting road trips to explore inland El Salvador and Guatemala.
- 45 minute Spanish lessons, Monday to Friday, 3 times a day.
- During weeks 1 & 3, in addition to Spanish lessons, we have about 3 hours volunteering each day Monday to Friday.
- Mangrove/Native Reforestation.
- Beach Conservation & Coastal Cleanup.
- School Premises Upgrades (Light Construction).