Learn French in Lyon with Alliance Francaise

Why choose us?
• A pleasant, friendly, & modern environment
Ideally located in the 3rd arrondissement of Lyon, AFLyon provides pleasant indoor and outdoor facilities such as reception hall, terrace, garden, study room with wifi access….
• A wide range of courses to suit your needs
Whatever your availability (morning, afternoon, evening), we are able to offer General French courses, specific courses (speaking, writing, grammar, pronunciation...), thematic workshops (gastronomy, cinema, theatre...) which will suit your goals.
• 130 years’ experience in teaching French as a Foreign Language
AFLyon benefits from the expertise developed by the Alliance Française network (819 organizations in 137 countries) over the last 130 years.
• Exciting cultural activities to learn about francophone cultures
AFLyon offers various exciting activities and cultural events among which cine-club, exhibitions, shows, concerts etc.

• Instruction 10
Olivia

Bel ete- Unforgettable Summer in France

I spent one of my best summers in my life in Lyon and realized my long term dream of actually speaking french.
I have been learning french for years since college. I've been really serious about it since 2013- watch french movies, go to class, listen to podcasts, etc. However, I just couldn't seem to make the break through I longed for- to be able to open my mouth and speak. I have native speaker teachers and friends but I get so tongue tied in front of them. I know the only way to start speaking is through practice but without the environment we just always ended up speaking English.
Spending a summer in France has always been my dream. To improve my french, I decided to combine pleasure and learning- one month travelling plus one month course at Alliance Francaise Lyon. It turned out to be a great plan.
At AF I had two of best teachers I've encountered in my life- Julian and Fabien. I can honestly say they are among the top 3 of all the french teachers i've ever had and i've taken many classes in 3 different countries...
AF also organized plenty of opportunities to practice and to enjoy Lyon. The classmates are very diverse and inspiring. There are also frequent after class activities- games, visits, screenings to encourage socializing among students of different levels. The students then organize activities at night, etc. I arrived tongue tied and after quickly after starting the course I was using French 24/7- with train controllers, at post office, shopping, travelling. It feels great!
AF staff are also highly friendly and helpful. You could ask for their help at anytime- Carole, Elody, Anais, David, etc. And they love to help you with french as well.

Lyon itself is a real treasure. Centrally located, it is easy to take weekend excursions by train. Weekend book fairs, concerts, farmer's market, delicious food, river view... It is a nice alternative to the hectic (and expensive) Paris.

Overall, this was one of my best summers. I do hope to have the chance to do it again next summer.

If the students could choose their course time (am or pm) that would be perfect. I was scheduled a PM class based on the placement test. Also maybe improvement on the residence.
Ricardo

Great gateway to an amazing city

The city of Lyon is an incredible place to live, learn, work and have fun, and its Alliance Française is a perfect starting point to know the huge cultural variety it offers.

The classes are top notch, the teachers are friendly, very helpul and demanding; the groups are well thought-out and the place is a hub of international events, hobbies and recreational activities with a focus on the city itself. There's a cinema club, world food nights, links to many different organisations and posts for all kinds of events.

About Alliance Française of Lyon