Learn Spanish in Central America at Habla Ya Spanish Schools

Learn Spanish in Panama at Habla Ya Spanish Schools

Learn Spanish in the wonderful country of Panama. Whether it be by the mountains, by the beach or in the city, Panama is the place for you. Our locations include Boquete, Bocas & Panama City.

- 3 Schools in Panama: get to know the campuses of Panama's top ranked network of Spanish schools.
- Boquete, Bocas & Panama City: travel guides to Panama's most exciting destinations to learn Spanish.
- Certifications: Instituto Cervantes accredited, Official DELE Examination Centers, Bildungsurlaub approved.
- The Team: meet our Spanish teachers and get to know the friendly faces at Habla Ya Panama.

• 4 hours of group lessons per day with the option to add extra private lessons.

Summer Promo: get a FREE weekly tour when you book 5 weeks or more of Spanish classes!

Learn Spanish and have the vacation of your lifetime:
- Hiking
- Sailing
- Caving

• Instruction 9.3
Chilenka

"Ladies beautiful Leydis" (Lee Fields)

I would absolutely recommend Habla Ya en Panama City. I was in the advanced class, given by Leidys Pattí. She is a very good teacher and really nice. I was already able to read, write and speak Spanish but I always had difficulties with speaking out loud. After just 2 classes of Leidys Pattí I felt secure enough to speak up. She makes you feel really comfortable with Spanish. The lessons were fun and very interactive. She explained the rules of subjunctive, a form I already had in school. In school I wasn't able to use it well. But with Leidys Pattí it was very simple all of a sudden.

Every thing was very clear and easy to follow. Thank you Leidys Pattí for this great experience. Habla Ya is modern school and the people are all very nice. Thank you all!

What was your funniest moment?
Our teacher is called Leidys and we sang the song from Lee Fields and the Expressions.
John

Habla Ya Boquete was a perfect place to learn Spanish

Habla Ya was a great experience for both learning Spanish and experiencing the culture of Panama. I speak some Spanish and wanted to improve my language skills for an upcoming trip to Ecuador. I spent two weeks at the school in Boquete and definitely accomplished my objective.
My teacher was Leidys Pitti and she was excellent. The classes lasted 4 hours each weekday and were conducted entirely in Spanish. This contributed to the total immersion concept and really worked quite well. Leidys also spoke very clearly and slowly which was a great help for improving my comprehension. She followed a structured lesson plan complete with workbook and examples on the whiteboard, but there was also plenty of free-flowing conversation about subjects in which I was most interested. Leidys was a joy to work with and you would be lucky to have her as your teacher.
Boquete is the perfect location to study Spanish. It's a pleasant little town in the mountains of Panama with plenty of restaurants, etc. Importantly, few of the locals speak English so I had to use Spanish. Luckily, everyone was patient and appreciated that I was there to learn their language. I stayed with a host family a short distance from town. The Del Cids were a wonderful, traditional, couple who also did not speak English. This provided a great opportunity to practice my Spanish and learn about the local Panamanian culture.
One final note about the Habla Ya school staff and policies. Every staff member I had contact with, whether the initial phone conversations with Tori, helping organize a tour with Ivan, and arranging my ride back to the David airport with Giselle, was great. They all made sure my experience went well.
I was scheduled and paid for group lessons. When I arrived, they felt I was not at the same level as the rest of the group, so I ended up with private lessons for no additional charge. This worked out great and demonstrates the school's focus on the needs of the students.

I was there in October. The town is about 3,500' high so it's cooler than the rest of Panama and very pleasant. However, it is very humid and doesn't get cool enough to need a jacket. Bring plenty of lightweight, short sleeve shirts, etc.
John

Habla Ya Boquete, Panama

I am 60 years old and live in Boquete, Panama. I just finished a 3-week, 5-hr per day, 5 days per week intensive Spanish course at the Habla Ya facility in Boquete, Panama. My teachers were Erian and Kimberly. I had one hour of private lessons, a lunch break, followed by 4 hours of group lessons. My teachers were fantastic. They did not speak English during the lessons, which greatly aided my listening comprehension. We had a set curriculum but there was flexibility to review aspects of the language that I was having difficulty with. Although I did not participate in the extracurricular activities offered through Habla Ya, we did activities outside the classroom to expand our understanding of the language and culture. I have learned another language and find that immersion is the best method for me. I highly recommend Habla Ya and if available, schedule classes with either Erian or Kimberly. Both are very energetic, knowledgeable and patient.

Anyone anticipating travel in Latin America should make an effort to learn Spanish. It will be received well and will provide insight into other cultures.
Carey

Excellent teachers, very fun environment

I completed one week of Spanish classes at HablaYa in Boquete and can understand the teachers and full sentences in 5 days of full immersion classes with four hours a day plus one hour of private lessons. The teachers are truly dedicated to each individual learning styles and needs. Bravo to the school and teachers, especially Pedro and Leidys!
I am truly grateful for a wonderful, fun, positive experience!
Beginning students will have no problem with the full immersion aspect of this program. It's easy to communicate with the teachers and fellow students each day. There is also an inspirational aspect to the way this program is designed as you meet new students from around the world who bring different levels of energy and perspective to the process.

The school would benefit from having an administrator to better coordinate and communicate to students and other staff about schedules and activities.
Ken

Habla Ya Spanish Immersion School Boquete

I wanted to take a few minutes to compose a review of my experience in Boquete Panama and in particular, speak about Habla Ya, a world class Spanish immersion school that I keep returning to there.

Firstly, I’m a 63 year old Canadian and have lived in the U.S. for the last 28 years. During my formative years in Canada I had little interest in learning a second language and regrettably, while French was an option in the Canadian curriculum, taking it was not mandatory. After my relocation to the U.S. in 1991, I soon learned what a benefit it would be to learn another language. As almost half of the population of Phoenix and San Diego where I divide my time, are Spanish speaking, Spanish had to be my defacto choice.

Unfortunately, as an entrepreneur, my 30’s, 40’s and 50’s were dedicated to building my businesses and this left little time for anything, much less learning a second language. Secretly, during these 3 decades, I had a burning desire to learn the language and during the many trips my wife and I had taken to Mexico, I watched, listened and envied every non-native communicating in Spanish.

Now, fortunately I have an abundance of time and have diligently spent the last 3 years learning the language poco a poco! We’ve all heard metaphor, “slow and steady wins the race” and this is no more applicable than undertaking the exercise of learning another language. I’m completely dedicated and though I may be a little slower than the 20 somethings, I will achieve a level of mastery over this language. I can tell anyone who may be contemplating learning another language, the decision is not to be taken lightly. It’s grueling, frustrating and time consuming! So, why do it? Learning the language is no different than building blocks; you simply keep building on that which you’ve already learned. I’m by no means proficient but there’s very little that I can’t communicate to someone in a Spanish only speaking country. And this folks, is what keeps me going!

Now, to the school. I just completed my third trip to Habla Ya in Panama and each time keeps getting better. The first 3-week segment was in Bocas Del Toro, a quaint little beach town frequented by young and old from all over the world. The last 2 visits were to Boquete, a location I prefer due to its’ cooler climate, beautiful scenery and incredibly reasonable prices. Leidys was my profesora for levels A2 & B1 in Boquete. Leidys has been with the school for 10-years and I’ve found her to be excellent in her ability to teach new concepts and patient enough when certain concepts need to be re-explained. I’d recommend her highly!

The school is completely professional in every respect and there’s little wonder in my mind as to why they’ve earned their very favorable ratings year after year. From trying to accommodate the smallest request to meticulously organizing fun outings for the students, these people do it all!

YOU - QUIT PROCRASTINATING AND START LEARNING!

Sent from my iPad

Susan

Excellent program in a beautiful setting

This was the sixth year I’ve returned to Habla Ya. Like several other former students, it’s due to our excellent teacher, Leidys. She explains difficult grammar in ways that make sense and provides interesting exercises so students can understand and use information in real life, practical situations. In addition, she’s friendly, patient, positive, and has a good sense of humor. The program provides group or private lessons, at many levels, so students can decide what’s best for them. I’ve done both and they each have their advantages depending on your goals. Conversations help students improve speaking skills so they can progress in a short time. The administrative staff, Giselle and Ivan are very helpful at arranging for student requests, such as housing, activities, etc.

Ellen

No better way to learn Spanish

No better way to learn Spanish than with Habla Ya in Bocas del Toro. Lineth was the BEST professor- it was a fun and relaxing learning environment. My Spanish skills improved significantly over 4 weeks. The school is very well organized and helps encourage you to keep speaking Spanish outside of the classroom and facilitates fun activities to take advantage of being on this island paradise!

The classes included grammar instruction and conversation practice as well as games to increase your vocabulary. It was so interesting to be at a school like this and interact with people from all over the world.

Bocas is a fun beachy surf town with great restaurants, night life, water activities, beautiful beaches and a charming feel. Habla ya in Bocas offers a total immersion experience and unforgettable trip.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
First day of class- being totally immersed in the Spanish language. But the people at Habla Ya made me feel comfortable from day 1 and it got better each day.
Steve

Boquete - February 2019

I had such a great time in Boquete. Leidys was THE BEST teacher and I enjoyed both the instruction and the conversation in our classes. She was professional, but very personable and very easy to talk with, even though I struggled with my Spanish conversation skills. This was why I came to Panama! Boquete is a great place...perfect weather (not too hot, not too cold), lots of activities to do, amazing food and great people!

Elise

Fun learning Spanish and meeting new people!

I just completed three weeks of Spanish lessons in beautiful Bocas deal Toro at Habla Ya. It was a great chance to build a grammatical foundation in the language while having the opportunity to further practise speaking and listening in daily life. The staff were all friendly and helpful making it a great experience for the wonderful assortment of international students. My teacher Iraida was patient with a good sense of humour - she took us on interesting outings to see the area and interact with local people, and kept our classes fun with games and activities that offered great learning without ever being boring. I hope to return or try out one of their other locations in Boquete or Panama City. Overall, this was a fantastic experience with practical results that will help me in future travels to Spanish speaking countries.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
As an older woman travelling alone I was worried whether I would fit in, but from the moment I arrived I felt welcomed and comfortable, making new friends from around the world. I never felt out of place here, and on the final day even did an impromptu concert on my ukulele with some Spanish songs I learned.
Sandra

Vielen Dank an Kim

Ich hatte eine Woche Sprachunterricht mit Kim - sie ist eine tolle Lehrerin, wir hatten viel Spass und sie hatte mich immer zum Sprechen animiert. So konnte ich nach dieser Woche eine deutliche Verbesserung bemerken.

Sie hat mir viel erklärt und mich bei anderen organisatorischen Themen sehr gut unterstützt.

Mihir

Que excelente

Tenía una experiencia increíble con Habla Ya. Especialmente mis profesores Sergio, Juan y Ezequiel - no podía esperar nada mas de esoa hombres.

I had an amazing time with the people at habla ya. Especially the teachers - couldn’t have expected anything more from the teachers.

From start to end they were fantastic, both in terms of reaching my goals language-wise, and in terms of making sure I had a good time. With Sergio we went to the beach for lessons, while with Ezequiel we went to a national museum to practice. All in all it was a great experience!

My only recommendation is that people sign up well in advance for the lessons so that they can make the most of the resources available. Also, if you’re able to pick your teachers in advance I’d choose Sergio, Juan and Ezequiel without second thought.

N/a. I wouldn’t say that the experience could be improved. This is a great school.
Valarie

Alex from Boquete Habla Ya is a fantastic Spanish teacher

My husband and I live in Boquete. We are Canadian and have been here for three years. We have taken other Spanish courses but felt we were ready to take classes, taught in Spanish. I was very happy that my husband decided to join me in this class. The Habla Ya school in Boquete is right downtown and is very convenient. Alex is a patient, kind and effective Spanish teacher. The classes were well organized and fun. I especially enjoyed playing scrabble in Spanish. I also enjoyed our outings in Boquete and up the mountain to a local Panamanian garden. I really feel that I took the next step in learning Spanish and am finding myself having full conversations in Spanish. I enjoyed my 3-week course very much and plan to return. The Panamanian people are very patient and like to help you when you try to talk Spanish to them.
Thank you Alex!
Valarie

Monique

Ausgezeichnete Lehrer!!!

Wir hatten das grosse Glück zwei ausgezeichnete Lehrer in unseren zwei Wochen Sprachurlaub mit Lineth und Iraida gehabt zu haben!!!
Mit viel Geduld und Einfühlungsvermögen, einer Riesenportion Spass mit Lineth haben sie den Unterricht sehr abwechlungsreich gestaltet und sind auf all unsere Bedürfnisse eingegangen, auch weil wir nur zu zweit im Unterricht waren.
Die 6Std tgl haben enorm viel gebracht, va kommunikativ hat sich einiges getan!

Am letzten Schultag hat sich Lineth einen Ausflug überlegt an den Playa Estrella, einsam und nur für uns lag ein paradiesisch gelegener Strand mit einigen Seesternen, die 3m vom Strand im kristallklaren Wasser lagen, bezaubernd. Diesen letzten Schultag verbrachten wir mit 3anderen Lehrern und ihren Schülern am Strand mit vielen spanischen Spielen und bekamen am Ende noch unser Diplomen in solch einer Kulisse überreicht.

Viel Ideenreichtum, viel Abwechslung und Spaß haben Spanisch lernen sehr leichtfüßig gemacht und das va durch Lineth und Iraida, die wir persönlich sehr ins Herz geschlossen haben!!!

Lieben Dank an euch beide!!!

Hillevi

2 weeks in Boquete

I studied 2 weeks in Boquete. I had a really great time with Habla YA and my teacher Leidys. She is an excellent teacher and I learned a lot. Boquete was a great place with many outdoor activities and beautiful nature. I also stayed with a host family which I highly recommend as well.

About Habla Ya Spanish Schools

Learn Spanish by the Caribbean Sea, in the cloud forest, in Latin America's most cosmopolitan city, or at the three of them! With locations in Panama's most exciting destinations by the beach (Bocas del Toro), in the mountains (Boquete), and in...