Nosara Spanish Institute in Costa Rica

Nosara Spanish Institute in Costa Rica

Located in the Pacific Northwest in the Guanacaste region, Nosara has been founded on the pillars of environment, conservation, wellness, education, yoga and surfing. Nosara also boasts two world-class international schools which has positioned it as a premier family destination in Costa Rica.

Nosara's recent media attention includes:

-Nosara- World’s 20 Best Surf Towns – National Geographic
-Nosara- Top Places to go in 2013 – New York Times
-Playas de Nosara, Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica: Officially approved beaches- CNN

Our Spanish as a second language program includes options for group, private or custom class options. Our intensive program includes 10 or 20-hours of study per week which utilizes the communicative approach to language learning where the main objective of each program is to improve student communication skills and competencies, encouraging spontaneous and creative use of the language in real life situations.

North America » Costa Rica » Nosara
North America » Costa Rica
Hotel

• Instruction

Marta
Madison, Wi
Butler University

Four weeks of great learning

This was my second time attending the Nosara Spanish Institute (2014 and 2015) and I have nothing but praise for all aspects of the school: Organization, value, professionalism and teaching.
My teacher was Marco Mora who did a great job of understanding where my level of Spanish was and helping me advance. Classes were a fun mix of direct grammar instruction, poetry and short story readings, movies and documentaries, music and conversation. Marco did a great job of keeping the class interesting.
If you have the good fortune of being in Nosara, don't miss out on NSI!

chris
NYC
Harvard University

Very well run school in a great setting

The instruction, teachers and support was excellent, the school was nice, and the town is great. I didn't have housing through the school but couldn't leave it blank so I put '5', but pretty much 9s across the board otherwise. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

it would be nice if there was more support material in terms of printouts or a booklet or something; other programs i have done in the past had these study materials and i found them helpful for review before/after classes.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Chris,

It was wonderful to have you here at the institute and in Nosara. Also, thank you for the input on the materials, they are being created and updated as we speak. We hope to see you back here!

Gerald
Pa
Kutztown University

Excellent value

Our profesora was excellent, patient, mixing a blend of immersion with clear English explanations on grammar and structure. We had fun with some games and also had light homework. Overall excellent experience Brock and the gang are good people.

I like the coffee that was nice. really can't think of anything I'd change!

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Gerald,

It was wonderful to have you here at the institute. Best of luck on the building of your new house and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you!

claire
Ontario Canada

excellent language program

Nosara Spanish instituit offers a good learning opportunity and makes my trip so much more fun! The teachers are experinced and funny. It is a place to meet some friends with your fellow students too. Anybody is interested in the program should try the home stay too. The host family is exceptional nice. The place is very comfortable and it makes you feel home away from home.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Claire,

It was a pleasure having you at the institute and in Nosara. We hope you have adjusted back to life in Canada and that you're doing your best to keep warm. We hope to see you again later this year or next year.

Wade
Terrace, British Columbia, Canada
Royal Roads University

Great course

The course was grew, our instructor was really good with the students and managed to determine what best would suit our learning abilities and levels. The school provided a clean and quiet learning learning location and everyone involved was extremely helpful. Not only that but I was in school with a couple of great people and the small class size enabled a really good learning environment.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Wade,

It was a great to have you at the institute and an inspiration that you rode your bike to class all the way from Ostional twice a week! We hope you are enjoying your new position working with the turtles there and we hope you keep in touch.

Mikael
Tampere, Finland

Surf + spanish

First of all: the school is located five minutes walk from some of the funnest surf in my life.

As it was relatively quiet, I got some private and the rest of the days almost-private instruction. The course, 4 hours a day + homework, was really intense. However it was fun also, and for the first time ever I would actually learn why and how the rules work. After this it was easier to pick up words from conversation and understand why the language is used at it is.

All the staff was very efficient and professional. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed learning a new language.

Focus maybe a little bit more on the vocabulary also. I got a very good understanding on the grammatical issues, but have trouble having enough words to use them

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Mikael,

Thank you so much for coming to study with us. You were an excellent student and found a great balance between study and surfing. Best of luck on your travels and your new position in Asia.

Also, thank you for the input on expanding vocabulary components.

Anna
Santa Cruz, CA

Cuándo puedo volver?

I came to Nosara Spanish Institute after looking for a place where my family could enjoy the beach and surf while I was in Spanish classes. I have to say that any expectations I had for the school were exceeded ten-fold. My dealings with the staff before I arrived were very professional and prompt. They answered all my questions quickly and made arrangements for my arrival, making my introduction to Nosara very smooth and easy. I had a home-stay my first week, set-up by the school. It was a very comfortable and private house with incredible meals, a short and lovely walk to the school.
I attended classes for 2 weeks with 2 classes per day. I came to the school with an OK understanding of Spanish, but poor speaking ability. My instructor, Marco, was the best! I so appreciate his style of teaching; providing a great deal of instruction, interaction, and positive feedback. The classes are small and speaking Spanish is encouraged, although Marco speaks perfect English. He is passionate about language and while the classes are full-on with the Spanish speaking and learning, they are also fun. Any language school experiences I have had in the past were blown away in comparison.
The rest of the staff at NSI are very friendly and helpful and were a great resource to me during my stay in Nosara. NSI is a sweet little school in a super cool town where the quality of instruction is superior and professional. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and am already trying to find a way to return.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Anna!

It was such a pleasure having you at the institute and it was great to have the Santa Cruz connection. We hope you and the family are doing well and thriving back home. Saludos desde Nosara!

Larissa
San Francisco
Bowdoin College

Two Intense Weeks

I had the opportunity to study Spanish at the Nosara Spanish Institute in December 2014. It was a great experience. I spent the first week with two one-on-one sessions daily with Marco Moro. It was intense, but I learned a lot. I had limited Spanish language skills, so the focus was on grammar. The second week was in a group class that challenged me but did not overwhelm me. Marco is a talented and patient instructor. I gained a great foundation in Spanish to continue my studies. The Institute has many levels of classes and matches same level students together. They have everything from beginner-beginner to advanced. I also had the opportunity to stay in a Homestay with Lisbia as the host. She is wonderful and a really, really good cook. The school itself is a short walk to the beach which was great for an after class swim. I highly recommend Nosara Spanish Institute and hope to return in the future.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Larissa,

We miss having our dynamic duo (you and Anna) around. It was fantastic to have you at the institute and hope you are doing well in San Francisco. Abrazos de Costa Rica.

Sofia
Sweden

1 week with Nosara Spanish Institute

Nosara Spanish Institute was really good. The whole staff was very friendly. I had one class a day for one week, and it improved my spanish more than I expected. We were 5 students in our class which was perfect and our teacher Marco was excellent. During the classes I had a great time!!

It was perfect, the only thing I feel bad for is that I should have taken more classes.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

Hola Sofia! It was a great pleasure having you study with us. We hope your studies are going well in Florida and please keep in touch!

colvin
Alabama
New York University

Nosara is amazing and the Spanish Institute is fantastico

I was fortunate enough to spend 2 weeks in Nosara in late 2014. My wife and I went to classes at the Nosara institute every day for the two weeks and got so much out of it. They went out of their way to make the classes exactly what we needed. All the teachers we had were great.

Response from Nosara Spanish Institute

r.

The Nosara Spanish Institute offers intensive academic Spanish Immersion courses in Nosara, Costa Rica. Nosara is located on the Nicoya Peninsula along the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica in Guanacaste, one of the most unspoiled and protected parts of Costa Rica. The school is located