Fundación VASE is a non-profit, non-governmental and non-religious organization dedicated to facilitate cultural exchanges and social aid through international voluntary service. Summarizing VASE's mission and goals are the following:
- Provide volunteer service support for the elderly, children, women, indigenous groups, human rights organizations, hospitals, schools, orphanages and community centers.
- Implement intercultural education and inspire global citizenship through international cultural exchange programs.
- Proclaim peace, solidarity, friendship, tolerance and mutual understanding as basic values for humankind.
- Promote understanding, respect and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Create sustainable community projects in order to promote social and economic development of the small, rural and disadvantaged communities in Ecuador.
- Develop knowledge within the volunteers, VASE staff and our network and counter parts.