What level of scuba diving do you need to do the surveys?

Posted by Berni Gibson 3 years 6 months ago


Hi Berni,

Each marine conservation project has different levels of dive qualification requirements. You will need to start by being PADI certified. These include; PADI Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Divemaster, Instructor, and Rescue Diver.

Please note that the project you choose will determine which PADI divers qualification is required.

To conduct the coral reef surveys on a project, you will earn your Coral Reef Research Diver Distinctive Specialty.