COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, GVI has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
GVI offers a variety of marine conservation volunteering programs. You could travel to Fiji, Seychelles, Mexico,or Thailand and actively participate in coral reef research expeditions, sea turtle protection and nesting programs, plastic pollution and beach clean-up efforts, or identify and survey indigenous sea life.
These programs offer a way to receive professional dive training and research qualifications, and improve your technical marine conservation skills, while also supporting local community projects to achieve their sustainable objectives.
- Travel to a different part of the world, immerse in the culture and experience another way of life.
- Learn conservation skills to improve your CV and increase your future employment opportunities in the marine industry.
- Support the preservation of local biodiversity, contributing to reach sustainable objectives.
- Better understand native species, surrounded by their immediate environments.
- Dive, snorkel, and swim in some of the most beautiful and ecologically diverse oceans.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.