Wonderful Conservation Volunteer Experience!

Ratings
Overall
Rating Value A
Rating Value B
Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I found out about See Turtles in 2014 but was not able to schedule a trip until August 2017. I loved my time at Padre Ramos Estuary learning about the ecology and nesting behavior of the Hawksbill Sea Turtles and the wonderful work that local NGO's and the community are doing to save these beautiful animals. Every day we had the opportunity to do something interesting and worthwhile like patrolling beaches for nesting turtles, planting mangrove saplings, removing trash from nesting areas and meeting and working with local school kids. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so grateful for the experience! Although volunteers work hard there is plenty of time to relax and the food was good. While I was there I met people from Australia, South Africa, Spain and France, all working to help conserve sea turtles. It was marvelous!

We had 12 people in our group but there were an additional 6-10 volunteers on any given day at the house so things got a little crowded on a few occasions!
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would