View Other Details
Excludes: Airfare to Nicaragua, Nicaragua tourism card ($10), personal items, and tips for the guides.
Join us for a unique volunteer vacation to a remote corner of Nicaragua. Spend a week working to help the critically endangered hawksbill sea turtle while exploring a beautiful mangrove estuary. Padre Ramos Estuary, Nicaragua is one of only two major nesting areas for the critically endangered hawksbill sea turtle in the Eastern Pacific. On this trip, you will work hands on with local conservationists to study and protect hawksbills and explore a beautiful and quiet part of the country.
- Help study and protect nesting hawksbill sea turtles.
- Release hawksbill hatchlings (in season).
- Study juvenile hawksbill turtles.
- Explore the Padre Ramos estuary and mangroves.
- Meet local residents working to protect sea turtles.