Hostel internship in Tokyo

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

I’m a 18 year old student from Switzerland who had close to zero working experience. I never thought I could have the opportunity to work in Japan but thanks to Meiji Academy, I was able to do it without any difficulty. Meiji academy found me a great internship in a Hostel in Asakusa, the traditional cultural center of Tokyo! I was very worried but thanks to the amazingly supportive teachers of Meiji academy and my private business lessons there, I was able to come on my first day very confidently. All of the hostel staff and higher-ups were super welcoming, caring and ready to guide and help me anytime I needed. By working in the tourist hub that is Tokyo, as much for foreigners than for Japanese people, I was able to learn a lot about the hospitality industry, at the same time as having a lot of fun with my colleagues! My tasks included managing the reservations, the check-ins and check-outs, answering the customer questions, guiding them around and more.
I think going abroad is the best way to learn and I highly recommend this program to anyone willing to challenge himself while still feeling really secured thanks to Meiji Acdemy’s great support !

Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would