• Japan

Activities Domestic Airfare Meals SIM cards Transportation Visa
Jul 06, 2020
Apr 11, 2022
75 travelers are looking at this program

Moving to Japan is a step into a whole new world. The land of the rising sun is truly timeless – a place where preserving ancient traditions and embracing modernity is balanced. As the third largest national economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP, Japan offers career opportunities in many different industries.

Travel, work, and live in some of Japan’s most beautiful places:
・Wander through Kitakyushu’s flower tunnels.
・Chase the best views of Mount Fuji.
・Explore the bamboo forest in the heart of Kyoto.
・Soak in an Onsen in Hokkaido, a classic Japanese experience.
・Eat your heart out in Japan’s food capital Osaka.

As your gateway to Asia, Meiji Internships will accompany you throughout your journey. Kick-start your international career with an unforgettable internship adventure in your industry and destination of choice. We work with an extended network of 750+ partner companies in 8 countries to help pave the way for your future!

Program Highlights

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

• 9-10 rating 96.08%
  • 7-8 rating 3.92%
Oliver

I'm biased towards Meiji Internships

Hello dear readers, you're most likely reading a bunch of reviews from all the companies that might be able to help you get to where you want to be living and working for a while. I know I did that. To me, Meiji was the most appealing company because it came off as more friendly and approachable. Make no mistake, I'm sure most companies are decent at what they do, but I genuinely think I made the right choice. Let me tell you why.
A close friend of mine also went abroad for an internship, but he did it through a different company. He still went and had the time of his life (just like I did), except that the process took 3 times as much for him. I planned the whole thing months in advance (as you should), but Meiji had everything ready in a matter of weeks, so I could focus on preparing and finishing my semester instead of having to worry that the company would cancel on me last moment or something. I feel like it's always a hit or miss with these companies, but Meiji was a big hit for me. Just email them and you'll see what I'm talking about. Cool and efficient, just what you need to enjoy your time in Japan (or wherever you choose to go, pretty sure they have other destinations as well). I had a great time, worked A LOT and explored even more.

Elias

My short opinion on Fukuoka

If you are debating which city in Japan you should do your internship in, well, I can't really help that much because they're all amazing (got to visit some touristic spots during my stay), but I will tell you that Fukuoka is a solid option. I would be lying if I said I knew anything about this city before researching online but after living here for a while I just want it to get the recognition it deserves. It's not as flashy as Tokyo or Osaka, but personally I feel like that makes it just so much more unique, it's a great city where you can find literally anything you're looking for. Honestly you can get the full Japan experience even if you don't leave Fukuoka, it's big and it has it ALL. Public transportation was better here than in Osaka (by far) and imo beats Tokyo as well. It really pains me to leave this magical place.

Riccardo

Would do it again!!

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly the most outgoing person, and therefore was veeery hesitant to enroll in an overseas programme, but decided to do it because I thought it would be a good challenge (plus I had always wanted to visit Japan). Japan was amazing from the moment I landed, but what really makes me want to relive it is meeting more incredible people! Luckily, I was able to connect with tons of people my age that happened to have similar interests and were also doing internships, so I never felt lonely or homesick. I can say that Meiji was there for me as well, thankfully I only needed their assistance for minor issues but they earned my trust.
I know being in a foreign country, it can sound intimidating for some, but I assure you that in the end, you will want to do it all over again!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
There are many dishes in Japan that are unique to their culture, but I'd say okonomiyaki is not exatcly for everyone
Jordan

Feeling so lucky to have access to this.

This was the first internship I have ever done and it was crazy! I felt comfortable from the first day to the last and I made lots of friends and business contacts in Japan. It was an amazing opportunity to learn what it's like to be part of the world of work and to have responsibilities. I got a better understanding of the world and it made me realize how lucky I was to have access to this kind of opportunity.
I would really recommend it to anyone who wants to gain work and life experience. Not everybody in this world has the same opportunities, so you should really be grateful for the chance you've got and take advantage of it!

Carl

Great company and amazing co-workers

Japanese culture is wonderful and being able to work with Japanese people was an incredible experience that helped me grow in many ways. I studied Japanese at uni so I really wanted to do this internship in a Japanese speaking environment. Of course, I had to speak English sometimes because I wasn't able to understand everything, but I know that my Japanese level improved a lot while working with them. Being able to speak different languages when you are doing marketing is a very useful asset. My co-workers taught me how to use my skills properly and I realized that I can do pretty much everything I want if I really want to. I really had an amazing internship and I will never forget about everything I learned!

Elena

Memorable experience

As I am studying in Japan at the moment, I thought it might be a good opportunity to do an internship in Japan to get work experience and to help me find a job in Japan afterwards. I spent one month working with a trading company in Tokyo and it was the most profitable month of my life! Not only did I gain new skills in trading, but I also improved my Japanese a lot and I made precious business contacts which is exactly what I needed to set foot in my dream industry in Japan.
This internship was an amazing adventure and the Meiji Internships' team is wonderful. They made this experience memorable and I'm glad they were here to help me on this journey!

Dane

Fukuoka Internship

This internship was amazing. Truly an experience of a lifetime. The housing was great, and the staff were very helpful. I met so many wonderful people while over in Fukuoka Japan, and I really loved the company I was paired with. Fukuoka was a breathtakingly beautiful city with lots of greenery and shrines and stores. I was lucky enough to see the cherry blossoms before I left and was able to get a lot of pictures! I would definitely recommend using this company if you want to travel to japan!!

Orion

Unexpected destination (graphic design internship)

At the beginning I was nervous because I knew nothing about Fukuoka, however as the time went by I slowly fell in love with the city. It took me a while to adjust to the lifestyle in Japan. I went there with a lot of expectations about how my stay there could be and I can say nothing I expected was really true, it was better. This internship open so many opportunities for me and Meiji helped to make it easier. I choose them to help me find an internship because it was difficult to find one by myself, especially since I don't speak Japanese. I was a little bit skeptical, but they found me the perfect match. I worked in a studio for 5 months, and built a lot of skills that help me set new goals for my future career. I enjoy my time in Fukuoka, the friends I made, the experiences I had, nobody can take it from me.

Embrace the culture. At the beginning it might be difficult to adapt, since it might be a very differnete culture than yours, but you have to keep your mind open to this new experience.
Also, pack light.