Japan Internships with Meiji Internships

Moving to Japan is a step into a whole new world. The land of the rising sun is truly timeless – a place where preserving ancient traditions and embracing modernity is balanced. As the third largest national economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP, Japan offers career opportunities in many different industries.

Travel, work, and live in some of Japan’s most beautiful places:
・Wander through Kitakyushu’s flower tunnels.
・Chase the best views of Mount Fuji.
・Explore the bamboo forest in the heart of Kyoto.
・Soak in an Onsen in Hokkaido, a classic Japanese experience.
・Eat your heart out in Japan’s food capital Osaka.

As your gateway to Asia, Meiji Internships will accompany you throughout your journey. Kick-start your international career with an unforgettable internship adventure in your industry and destination of choice. We work with an extended network of 750+ partner companies in 8 countries to help pave the way for your future!

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

Popular Programs

Group of interns posing and smiling together

Tokyo: The biggest metropolis in the world where future meets past!
From futuristic Akihabara and the bustling shopping district of Shinjuku to ancient Asakusa with its centuries-old temples, there is so much to discover!

Living in Japan, especially Tokyo, is a true adventure. But you've got nothing to worry about because when you arrive jet-lagged in the never-sleeping city to start your internship, everything will be ready for you to get settled and kickstart your career with Meiji!

interns smiling

Fukuoka has a long history of international relations and is known as the gateway into Japan. It's the perfect place for Japan first-timers because it’s cosmopolitan, yet green & livable.

Inside Fukuoka you can get anywhere by bike in less than 30 mins. A relaxing day at the beach or hiking in the mountains - all in one city! Even the airport is just 10 mins from the city!

On top of that, Fukuoka is THE Start-up city in Asia! Take the chance to intern in this vibrant environment!

Group of interns smiling in Japan

Choose Explore Japan if the place you want to go to is not part of our other programs. If you would like to get out of the big city, enjoy locally grown food, and explore a region rich in history, spectacular options await you:

From the bamboo forest in the heart of Kyoto, to snowy Hokkaido or eating your heart out in Japan’s food capital Osaka.

As your gateway into Asia, Meiji will fully assist you on your journey to work, travel and live abroad. Are you ready to embark on your adventure?

Language requirements vary greatly between countries, industries, and companies. Usually, the main working language is English, therefore, fluency in English is essential. However, having some knowledge of the local language will certainly be an asset, not only when communicating with colleagues, but also in daily life situations.

Yes, we do. However, depending on the destination and current availability, law companies might ask for specific prerequisites, e.g. foreign language abilities, relevant work experience and basic knowledge of applicable laws.

The age limit for the internship program is 16 to 30 years.

Jordan

Feeling so lucky to have access to this.

This was the first internship I have ever done and it was crazy! I felt comfortable from the first day to the last and I made lots of friends and business contacts in Japan. It was an amazing opportunity to learn what it's like to be part of the world of work and to have responsibilities. I got a better understanding of the world and it made me realize how lucky I was to have access to this kind of opportunity.
I would really recommend it to anyone who wants to gain work and life experience. Not everybody in this world has the same opportunities, so you should really be grateful for the chance you've got and take advantage of it!

Carl

Great company and amazing co-workers

Japanese culture is wonderful and being able to work with Japanese people was an incredible experience that helped me grow in many ways. I studied Japanese at uni so I really wanted to do this internship in a Japanese speaking environment. Of course, I had to speak English sometimes because I wasn't able to understand everything, but I know that my Japanese level improved a lot while working with them. Being able to speak different languages when you are doing marketing is a very useful asset. My co-workers taught me how to use my skills properly and I realized that I can do pretty much everything I want if I really want to. I really had an amazing internship and I will never forget about everything I learned!

Elena

Memorable experience

As I am studying in Japan at the moment, I thought it might be a good opportunity to do an internship in Japan to get work experience and to help me find a job in Japan afterwards. I spent one month working with a trading company in Tokyo and it was the most profitable month of my life! Not only did I gain new skills in trading, but I also improved my Japanese a lot and I made precious business contacts which is exactly what I needed to set foot in my dream industry in Japan.
This internship was an amazing adventure and the Meiji Internships' team is wonderful. They made this experience memorable and I'm glad they were here to help me on this journey!

Dane

Fukuoka Internship

This internship was amazing. Truly an experience of a lifetime. The housing was great, and the staff were very helpful. I met so many wonderful people while over in Fukuoka Japan, and I really loved the company I was paired with. Fukuoka was a breathtakingly beautiful city with lots of greenery and shrines and stores. I was lucky enough to see the cherry blossoms before I left and was able to get a lot of pictures! I would definitely recommend using this company if you want to travel to japan!!

Orion

Unexpected destination (graphic design internship)

At the beginning I was nervous because I knew nothing about Fukuoka, however as the time went by I slowly fell in love with the city. It took me a while to adjust to the lifestyle in Japan. I went there with a lot of expectations about how my stay there could be and I can say nothing I expected was really true, it was better. This internship open so many opportunities for me and Meiji helped to make it easier. I choose them to help me find an internship because it was difficult to find one by myself, especially since I don't speak Japanese. I was a little bit skeptical, but they found me the perfect match. I worked in a studio for 5 months, and built a lot of skills that help me set new goals for my future career. I enjoy my time in Fukuoka, the friends I made, the experiences I had, nobody can take it from me.

Embrace the culture. At the beginning it might be difficult to adapt, since it might be a very differnete culture than yours, but you have to keep your mind open to this new experience.
Also, pack light.
Patrick

Best abroad internship ever!

The abroad internship provided me not only with the opportunity to learn the operation processes and challenges in the field of marketing & pr, but also gave me the chance to develop my own creativity to a whole new level. Since i am working on tasks in the field of copywriting and SEO by creating content with purpose of distribution and websites i complemented that with different photography fields as new hobby.

Japan is popular for its modern pop culture, reaching from traditional paintings to mangas and animes. The city scape offers beside a beautiful skyline, a very vibrant composition of architectural patterns, forms and structures. At night, when the sun sets and the street, traffic and advertisement lights go on the city changes its face into a "Blade Runner" like scene.
The seemingly scenic mountains sourounding the city on one side with the gorgeous beaches on the other offer many inspirational moments!

Everyone who wishes to develop their creativity and find inspiration should want to travel to Fukuoka!

Justin

Doing an internship in Japan was crazy!!

Japan is the perfect country to get proper work experience. I did my internship in a lovely company in Osaka and worked in marketing and business. It provided me with good opportunities to learn about my industry and about Japanese language and Japanese culture. I chose the business package because I was interested in Meiji's online language classes. I think it was the best timing to learn Japanese while living and working in the country! The classes were really useful and productive. I would recommend it of you want to learn Japanese efficiently.
Meiji Internships organized amazing meetings and trips every week. My best memory was the Universal Studio excursion. We had so much fun there!
I would do it all over again without hesitation as my experience was really positive.

Lison

Incredible meetings and experience

I had such a wonderful time in Tokyo. I am so grateful for the incredible people I met there and the fantastic experience I had with them. I made friends for life during this internship. We had so much fun exploring the city and other areas during our time off!
My placement was perfect for me. I worked with great people from all over the world. I really appreciated that my team was international (Mostly Japanese, Americans, and Germans) because I could work on my Japanese while not being lost in translation! The staff of meiji helped me with everything regarding the apartment, the internet access etc. I had the best time of my life and before I realized it, my internship was already finished and I had to go back home.