Japan Internships with Meiji Internships

Great company - Great internship: Explore the corporate life in Tokyo!
Great company - Great internship: Explore the corporate life in Tokyo!
Business Event in Fukuoka
Business Event in Fukuoka
Make new friends & eat your heart away in Osaka!
Make new friends & eat your heart away in Osaka!
Cherry blossom viewing party in Spring.
Cherry blossom viewing party in Spring.
Fun times will not come up short during your internship!
Fun times will not come up short during your internship!
Trying on traditional Japanese Yukata with our Meiji Interns
Trying on traditional Japanese Yukata with our Meiji Interns
Do you know the proper Shrine etiquette? No worries, you will learn everything you need to know on our culture tours.
One of many intercultural events. This time: Baking Italian Pizza.
One of many intercultural events. This time: Baking Italian Pizza.

Moving to Japan is a step into a whole new world. The land of the rising sun is truly timeless – a place where preserving ancient traditions and embracing modernity is balanced. As the third largest national economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP, Japan offers career opportunities in many different industries.

Travel, work, and live in some of Japan’s most beautiful places:
・Wander through Kitakyushu’s flower tunnels.
・Chase the best views of Mount Fuji.
・Explore the bamboo forest in the heart of Kyoto.
・Soak in an Onsen in Hokkaido, a classic Japanese experience.
・Eat your heart out in Japan’s food capital Osaka.

As your gateway to Asia, Meiji Internships will accompany you throughout your journey. Kick-start your international career with an unforgettable internship adventure in your industry and destination of choice. We work with an extended network of 750+ partner companies in 8 countries to help pave the way for your future!

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

Popular Programs

Group of interns posing and smiling together

Tokyo: The biggest metropolis in the world where future meets past!
From futuristic Akihabara and the bustling shopping district of Shinjuku to ancient Asakusa with its centuries-old temples, there is so much to discover!

Living in Japan, especially Tokyo, is a true adventure. But you've got nothing to worry about because when you arrive jet-lagged in the never-sleeping city to start your internship, everything will be ready for you to get settled and kickstart your career with Meiji!

interns smiling

Fukuoka has a long history of international relations and is known as the gateway into Japan. It's the perfect place for Japan first-timers because it’s cosmopolitan, yet green & livable.

Inside Fukuoka you can get anywhere by bike in less than 30 mins. A relaxing day at the beach or hiking in the mountains - all in one city! Even the airport is just 10 mins from the city!

On top of that, Fukuoka is THE Start-up city in Asia! Take the chance to intern in this vibrant environment!

Group of interns smiling in Japan

Choose Explore Japan if the place you want to go to is not part of our other programs. If you would like to get out of the big city, enjoy locally grown food, and explore a region rich in history, spectacular options await you:

From the bamboo forest in the heart of Kyoto, to snowy Hokkaido or eating your heart out in Japan’s food capital Osaka.

As your gateway into Asia, Meiji will fully assist you on your journey to work, travel and live abroad. Are you ready to embark on your adventure?

Language requirements vary greatly between countries, industries, and companies. Usually, the main working language is English, therefore, fluency in English is essential. However, having some knowledge of the local language will certainly be an asset, not only when communicating with colleagues, but also in daily life situations.

Yes, we do. However, depending on the destination and current availability, law companies might ask for specific prerequisites, e.g. foreign language abilities, relevant work experience and basic knowledge of applicable laws.

The age limit for the internship program is 16 to 30 years.

Dane

Fukuoka Internship

This internship was amazing. Truly an experience of a lifetime. The housing was great, and the staff were very helpful. I met so many wonderful people while over in Fukuoka Japan, and I really loved the company I was paired with. Fukuoka was a breathtakingly beautiful city with lots of greenery and shrines and stores. I was lucky enough to see the cherry blossoms before I left and was able to get a lot of pictures! I would definitely recommend using this company if you want to travel to japan!!

Orion

Unexpected destination (graphic design internship)

At the beginning I was nervous because I knew nothing about Fukuoka, however as the time went by I slowly fell in love with the city. It took me a while to adjust to the lifestyle in Japan. I went there with a lot of expectations about how my stay there could be and I can say nothing I expected was really true, it was better. This internship open so many opportunities for me and Meiji helped to make it easier. I choose them to help me find an internship because it was difficult to find one by myself, especially since I don't speak Japanese. I was a little bit skeptical, but they found me the perfect match. I worked in a studio for 5 months, and built a lot of skills that help me set new goals for my future career. I enjoy my time in Fukuoka, the friends I made, the experiences I had, nobody can take it from me.

Embrace the culture. At the beginning it might be difficult to adapt, since it might be a very differnete culture than yours, but you have to keep your mind open to this new experience.
Also, pack light.
Patrick

Best abroad internship ever!

The abroad internship provided me not only with the opportunity to learn the operation processes and challenges in the field of marketing & pr, but also gave me the chance to develop my own creativity to a whole new level. Since i am working on tasks in the field of copywriting and SEO by creating content with purpose of distribution and websites i complemented that with different photography fields as new hobby.

Japan is popular for its modern pop culture, reaching from traditional paintings to mangas and animes. The city scape offers beside a beautiful skyline, a very vibrant composition of architectural patterns, forms and structures. At night, when the sun sets and the street, traffic and advertisement lights go on the city changes its face into a "Blade Runner" like scene.
The seemingly scenic mountains sourounding the city on one side with the gorgeous beaches on the other offer many inspirational moments!

Everyone who wishes to develop their creativity and find inspiration should want to travel to Fukuoka!

Justin

Doing an internship in Japan was crazy!!

Japan is the perfect country to get proper work experience. I did my internship in a lovely company in Osaka and worked in marketing and business. It provided me with good opportunities to learn about my industry and about Japanese language and Japanese culture. I chose the business package because I was interested in Meiji's online language classes. I think it was the best timing to learn Japanese while living and working in the country! The classes were really useful and productive. I would recommend it of you want to learn Japanese efficiently.
Meiji Internships organized amazing meetings and trips every week. My best memory was the Universal Studio excursion. We had so much fun there!
I would do it all over again without hesitation as my experience was really positive.

Lison

Incredible meetings and experience

I had such a wonderful time in Tokyo. I am so grateful for the incredible people I met there and the fantastic experience I had with them. I made friends for life during this internship. We had so much fun exploring the city and other areas during our time off!
My placement was perfect for me. I worked with great people from all over the world. I really appreciated that my team was international (Mostly Japanese, Americans, and Germans) because I could work on my Japanese while not being lost in translation! The staff of meiji helped me with everything regarding the apartment, the internet access etc. I had the best time of my life and before I realized it, my internship was already finished and I had to go back home.

Florence

The best internship I have ever done!

My experience in Tokyo was one of a kind. I had the most positive and fun work experience of my life! And I can compare it because it wasn't my first internship, even though it was the first one in a foreign country. My coworkers were so kind and they welcomed me as a family member. We had a few dinners together, the first one was the week of my arrival: they organized a kind of welcome party for me at a restaurant! I was a bit worried that interning abroad would be hard, and I didn't know what to expect from Japanese people as their culture had nothing to do with mine, but I was so surprised in a good way. This experience clearly changed my life! I gained so many skills while enjoying Japan and creating unforgettable memories.

I just gotta talk bout Meiji Internships as well: they were so competent and professional. I never felt lost or anything thanks to their great service. Interning abroad can be complicated when you are not used to it, but they made the process easy and enjoyable!

Ricardo

Business Deals in Fukuoka

While looking at different options for my internship, I went through the website of Meiji Internships. I liked the fact that they were offering internships not only in Tokyo but everywhere in Japan. I went to Tokyo before and I wanted to visit a new region in Japan. Fukuoka was awesome! I don't think I will ever get used to Japan's beauty. I was overwhelmed by everything I saw in Fukuoka. I am glad that I could discover Japanese culture in this city and become friends with Japanese people. I did a business development internship and learnt a lot from my colleagues. They told me that Fukuoka was a great place to start a business these days!
Traveling to Japan alone was a bit intimidating, but Meiji Internships helped a lot through the Skype consultation, the online guide and the onsite staff that was incredibly amazing and provided 24 hours support. Now the best advice I can give to someone who is interested in this programme is to be yourself and enjoy every second of it!

What an eye-opening internship

I chose to do an internship in Japan for the sake of cultural differences and new experiences. I didn't know much about Japanese culture and language upon arrival but I was truly happy to learn more about this interesting country. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of this city, by the many temples and sanctuaries hidden between two moderns buildings and by the quality of services.
I learnt a lot about myself and about what I want to do in life. I relished working in a marketing company and now consider taking a class at uni to learn more about it. This whole adventure would not have been possible without meiji internships. They advised me on many things because I wasn't sure what kind of internship I needed. I told them that I had plenty of time, but not too many skills. My goal was to learn new things & find my path through this internship. The girl with whom I spoke on skype was so kind and really helped me to find a good internship.