ITA helped me achieve my dreams!

Ratings
Overall
Rating Value A
Rating Value B
Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

The last two years of my undergraduate program I took Arabic and decided I needed to move to the Middle East and sharpen my language skills. I thought the best way to make that happen was to find a teaching job, it also helped that I was passionate about education in the Middle East.
Before landing on ITA I did looked into a lot of different options for a TEFL certification. ITA offered flexible schedules and a decent price. I was able complete the course while I was in my last year of college. My instructor, Nina, was fantastic. Her feedback was always timely and constructive. I still remember doing the lesson plan activity which became instrumental in my success as a teacher.
Although I did not get my job from ITA the material and guidance they provided prepared me for many offers that I turned down and then finally the one I accepted. I used a lot of what I learned from ITA in my interview for my top choice school to work for. I ended up getting an offer on the spot and was also able to choose which location (they had multiple across the Gulf) and which grades I wanted to teach, or rather, which grades I didn't want to teach.
Thanks to ITA I was able to land a fantastic teaching job in my dream location. I spent the best two years of my life in the Middle East which has had a profound effect on where I am today. I don't think I could have done it without ITA!

Offering the option for culture specific training.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2013
Media
Photos

Provider Response

Wow, sounds like you've been on a pretty epic trip! Thank you for sharing your story and your feedback about ITA, your class, and your professor. If you ever decide to head back abroad and continue teaching, just get in touch and we're always here to help! - ITA