Life changing Experience in Lima, Peru through IVHQ Tarpuy Sonqo

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

Traveling to Peru and working with Tarpuy Sonqo resulted in two unforgettable, humbling, educational, and incredibly enjoyable weeks and I would go as far as to say these were two of the best weeks of my life. From an extremely kind family with whom I stayed with to the medical program coordinator, everyone was always there to help if they were needed. The medical volunteering program itself exposed me to a new life. Nothing was more humbling than being able to do my part in working with the Peruvian children and seeing the smiles on their faces was more memorable than even Machu Pichu itself. I felt safe at all times and we even went on a tourism day which gave us a chance to explore Lima. I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in traveling abroad!

The only recommendation I can make would be to perhaps to encourage those who have never traveled before to prepare for culture shock. This was not an issue for me but I traveled with a friend whose first time it was out of the country. This is of course not completely under the control of the program as this is something all travelers should be prepared to face, but I think further encouraging participants to prepare for this would be effective.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would
Year Completed
2018
Media
Photos

Provider Response

It is definitely great to hear that you had a fantastic time on the Peru - Lima Program! It sounds like you struck the perfect balance between giving back by volunteering and experiencing a beautiful culture like that of Peru. I know that your work in Lima was very much appreciated and that the medical assistance you provided the people of Pachacutec was well needed. All the best for the future Juliana! ^Aydan - IVHQ Lima Program Manager