Global Internship Ireland

Rating Value C
Rating Value D
Rating Value E
Review

This summer, I interned through Learn International at an engineering consulting firm in Cork City, Ireland and I could not be happier with my experience! The Learn International staff were very supportive and quick to answer questions from months before my departure to my arrival in country, and even after I returned home. My host family was kind and welcoming. They provided sound advice on anything from local bus routes to the best travel destinations. The work I did was interesting and the engineers were friendly and did not look down on me when I had questions. In addition, I learned many new skills that will help me in my professional life. But my favorite part of the program was my weekend travels. Seeing so many wonderful places and experiencing a culture I have always admired firsthand is something I will never forget! This experience has changed me for the better and I am forever grateful!

From time to time the workload at my company was sparse. I realize this is more of a responsibility for the placement companies, but if Learn International could possibly do more to ensure that companies have sufficient work for students during the full duration of the placement that would be great.
Would you recommend this program?
Yes, I would